I think every head of hair in our household (we have 5 now!) was cut all in the same week in December. We all really needed it.
It was Jacob’s first haircut. He doesn’t know what’s coming…
At first he was ok…
It ended badly, poor baby! He was hysterical. I don’t know if it the clippers hurt or if he just didn’t like being contained, but he did not like it.
All done buddy, so handsome. Honestly, didn’t turn out exactly how we planned but we “cut” our losses and called it a day.
A friend (thanks Susan!) watched Jacob so me and my girls could go to the salon together. Here’s the before shots:
During
After. I have such cute girls! Tessa just got a (token) trim, but we cut quite a bit off Sophie’s, it was getting too painful to brush out. No pictures of my hair cut, though I was really happy with it! It had been almost a year for me.
Anyone have a secret to cutting little boys’ hair? Dan and I need some training, or maybe I’ll just bring Jake with me to the salon next time… though I’m not sure how Dan would feel about that. :)









6 comments:
Ray now screams every time I turn on the clippers :(. Oh well, he has to learn, right? I know some of my friends have looked up video on You Tube to learn how to cut there boys hair. I'm lame and just keep buzzing it.
I used to do it while they were bathing and they were pretty easy to distract, of course that only works after they can sit up real well!
I cut Dean's hair yesterday for the first time with scissors. It was a joke trying to line everything up and cut it straight, but I'm happy with the result. The clippers cut it too short and the noise is pretty upsetting for little guys. I think I'll be cutting his hair this way from now on.
Cute haircuts. I cut my boys hair but I guess you just have to do it and it takes practice. Fun updates. I love the song and the quotes from sister Beck. I too am scared for when my kids grow up and Blake is so ready for kindergarten but I'm not. I love bing able to stay home with them. Fun Christmas nativity pictures. Cute kids!!
Tyler's sister is a stylist and she has only used scissors on Ryker's haircuts so far. She doesn't use the clippers until they get older because of the sound. I'm too scared to try it myself, though, so I'm not much help. But I'm sure with practice you'll get it down!
I here ya; Henry is finally in need of his first haircut and I'm not sure how to go about it. I don't think he'd hold still enough for scissors. I think you did a good job with the clippers. Maybe I'll take Ann's advice and look on You Tube!
Post a Comment