So I hate to leap frog the other pictures I have taken and that are waiting to post, but sometimes it makes sense! I guess I feel like baby updates are more time sensitive. :)
So over the weekend my really good friend Kim threw me a baby shower. I tried to tell her that I didn’t need one, this is our 3rd baby after all! But she wouldn’t hear it, she said it’s our 1st boy, I didn’t have a choice, she was doing it and I might as well tell her which day would work for me. I felt so spoiled! I was worried that no one would come because they would all assume I didn’t need anything either, but my friends really came through and made me feel really special. Plus I got lots of manly things for our little man. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Here are some pictures:
The adorable invitations (some info has been concealed to protect the innocent) which Kim pain-stakingly hand traced and cut out until 3am one night. Read it, she worded it real cute. We actually had a few people ask if we were naming him Cadet! (we’re not)
This game Kim made up because of something like Dan likes to say (he stole it from a Bill Cosby skit). When people ask what we’re having he likes to say, “finally put the stem on the apple!” So that’s what we did for the game! So clever. And HILARIOUS!
FIrst, Kim spun us around (I know I look drunk, but I was just dizzy from being spun) and then we tried to pin the stem on the apple.
Kim also put together a TRUE/FALSE game with stories about me as a baby. She contacted my mom and got a few and then talked to Dan and got some baby stories about him too. She then told the stories and we were to decided if it was truly about me or not (we didn’t know that the false ones were Dan’s stories until afterwards). Funny thing was that I got beat by 2 people at the party with my own stories! In my defense I don’t remember being a baby, so how am I supposed to know for sure things are false? :)
We did the string around the belly game which is always funny. Most people are either way too big or way too small! (except for Susan, who was like less than an inch off!) Then it was time for presents! I was spoiled.
This last one from Kim was a big surprise. She made some wall art out of fabric for our little guy’s room! Something I had told her I meant to do but hadn’t got around to yet. She had seen the bedding at our house and asked me where I got it (Target), she then looked it up online and used the images there to make templates! Didn’t it turn out cute? And now I don’t have to do it!! :) I also got some hand-made toy blocks and bib from Cami and the star blanket above was made by a friend named Amy. Most of the gifts were cute boy clothes, which we love! I also received a gift certificate for a pedicure from Stephanie, so nice! I can’t wait.
Diaper tower, also made by Kim. She really went above and beyond planning this shower for me and it means a lot! I felt so loved. Thank you so much!! Here’s a picture of her and I outside her house after loading gifts in my car. (Because I’m sure I’ll look back at this and wonder, I’m 35 weeks to the day in this photo. Just 5 weeks to go!)
As for the baby update: I went in today and had the Midwife check my cervix (I switched from an OB to a midwife, but that’s another story) and I am already at 2 cm! SO that’s exciting, like she said, only 8 more to go! I looked back at my “notes” (aka-blog posts) from last time and I was 1 1/2 cm dilated with Tessa at this time and she still stayed in until almost 39 weeks, so I’m guessing this guy will do the same. A week early would be nice since Dan will be leaving me over night to take the bar in Wyoming (for work) 3 days before my due date. I would really like him to be there for the birth, but we’ll work with what we’ve got! My mom will be here while he’s gone, so that’s good. All of these contractions and finding out today that I actually am starting to dilate makes this seem so much more real! This probably sounds strange, but I guess he really is going to come out! Pregnancy can seem so long when you are in it and I’ve tried to push delivery far from my mind, just for sanity’s sake. But I can’t deny it any longer! We are so excited!! His nursery is almost done, I just need to sell a couple of empty shelves that are cluttering it up and re-organize the closet and we should be ready to go. Such exciting times!









9 comments:
I am glad that you have such great friends! Little Cadet Chapman would be embarrassed to wear girl things! I hope he comes just before I get there, so I get to see him fresh!!
Oh, so fun! I'm jealous you are about ready to have your baby. I feel like mine will NEVER get here! Your shower looks so fun and you look GORGEOUS. Good luck in the next few weeks! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!
What a fun shower! I love the rocket ships! So cute! I'm glad there's progress starting to be made. You look great at 35 weeks!
What a darling party! I love the rocket ship bedding....and the wall art is perfect! I do want to hear your reasoning for switching from an OB to midwife. I've always been interested as to why some women choose to go the midwife route......Good luck during these next few weeks!
That was such a fun shower! I still am in love with that present that Kim gave to you. What a clever idea!
I am glad you had a shower. We all think the world of you Jessica. You give a lot of yourself to others, and we were glad to give a little back to you. I'm excited to meet "Cadet" soon.
So I totally want to hear why you switched to a midwife...I have one too, but am not telling all the details until after the baby comes...it will be a heck of a blog post I am sure.
What a cute shower. Good job Kim! Jessica, you are a beautiful pregnant lady! Can't wait to see the new little guy!
Cute pictures, what a fun shower. I love the bedding. I think you look adorable. Good luck.
Post a Comment