Saturday, July 9, 2011

looking back at June…

Bird’s nest next to our stairwell on a light.  The girls enjoyed watching the momma bird sit on the eggs and then the baby birds.  Evenings last month were the perfect temperature for a walk and we went on several after Dan got home.  Sophie loves to throw rocks in streams… or fields, she calls them “bumper weeds.”  Don’t know why.

june - bird nest june - soph throwing rocks

Tessa got all dressed up to ride her bike that night… I love the winter hat addition, notice her shoes are on the wrong feet… they always are!  She seems to prefer them that way.

june - tess bike dressed up june - tess jump off curb june - soph helmet smile

These pictures are horrid, but this is an activity the girls have done daily since seeing the movie, “Legend of the Guardians.”  It’s a computer animated film about owls.  Tessa is pretending to be Eggleteen, the baby owl, she flaps her wings a lot then jumps off the side of the couch to take flight.  Sophie prefers to be Sorin (the hero owl) or sometimes Claud (the villain) depending on her mood.

june - tess being eggliteen june - tess being eggliteen jump

We got to have Lily stay for the weekend while her parents had to go out of town for a work conference.  The girls spent a lot of time playing in these boxes.  It really wasn’t very hard having 3 kids for a weekend, made me feel more confident in my ability to have my 3rd here soon… except he’ll be more needy… and a BOY!  But I wager we’ll figure it out.  Anyway, Lily was a joy!  Her and Tessa are so cute together.

lily visit - lily in box 2 lily visit - tess lily playing in box

lily visit - soph in box lily visit - tess in box smile

The girls and I have been swimming several times, it feels HEAVENLY in the heat!  I can’t get enough of the weightless feeling here at the end of my pregnancy.  Sophie wears her “nerd suit” (floatie suit) because she’s scared of sinking and Tessa likes me to hold her the whole time, so it works out.  But I haven’t taken any pictures until we went with Dan, Matt and Cami on a Saturday afternoon.  Sorry no lovely pictures of me in my maternity suit… don’t worry they’re coming. Dan took some of me on the 4th of July, yikes!

Sophie is mad at Dan for throwing her across the pool so she went under (trying to toughen her up), she swam over to the steps and didn’t get back in after that.  She’s pretty leery in the water still.

swimming - soph mad at Dan swimming - soph recovering

Tessa getting splashed by her dad.  She’s too cute, I can’t choose just one picture.

swimming - tess on side kickingswimming - tess on side laughingswimming - tess on side playing

Cute Lily with her cute mommy!  Matt dunking Lily… I guess it’s a Dad’s job to torment their kids.  Not sure if it makes me feel better that Dan’s not the only one who does this or not. :)

swimming - cami and lily swimming - lily under water

Too big for the whale floatie… who cares?

swimming - tess in whaleSophie wearing baby brother’s new-ish (craigs list find) Bumbo on her head, to be a helmet.  She decided it resembled the helmet that Sorin the owl wears in the movie since it has a part to come down over her nose.  I also found my girls some cute quilts on craig’s list, $50 for the pair.  Much better than $260 from Pottery Barn, or more than that (plus hours and hours of work) to make some by myself, I’m very happy with them.  Now if I can just find some curtain fabric to match, their room will be complete!

soph bumbo hat june - girls quilts

I am also quite proud that I not only bought stuff on craig’s list last month but I actually made some money!  I bought a trundle on a killer sale while we were in Utah to go under the bottom bunk to use for storage.  I was sure it would fit… but I didn’t factor in how the ladder comes down so low.  So I paid $35 for the trundle and sold it for… you’re not going to believe this… $100!!  I was so pleased.  Anyway, we had a great June! 

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

Great job on the buying and selling! Your Grandma Jones would be proud! The quilts are very cute! I love Tessa's outfit and Sophie's great imagination and her hat! I Dan ready to be a year older?