Saturday, July 9, 2011

full term! any day (or week) now!! & an embarrassing story

I took some more ridiculous pictures of my belly in the mirror for y’all, here I am at 37 weeks:

37 weeks - smile head cut off 37 weeks - smile 37 weeks - pointing at the belly

Yeah, I’m huge… what can I say?  I kind of hope he’s big so I have some justification for my size, but I really hope he’s not, so he’s easier to deliver.  Funny story, I actually had a guy ask me for my number this week at Big Lots!  He said that he always wished he had a pregnant girlfriend.  He was over weight, like 45 and from some Slavic country (didn’t ask where, just guessing by his accent) flattering huh? (NOT, creepy is what it was!)  You want to hear the embarrassing part?  Instead of refusing him, I just gave the wrong number.  I’m such weak sauce!  Why didn’t I just tell him I was happily married (I did have my ring on).  In my defense, he was tricky… he started out by saying that he saw me and just knew that I could be a good friend and that he was lonely and really wanted a good friend.  So I was all sympathetic.  I thought he just meant he wanted to have a conversation in the aisle so I said sure!  But then he got all weird… oh well, I just hope I never run into him again!  Have you ever done that?  I’ve never been good at telling people no.  But I will if it ever happens again, I totally regret it. 

In other news, I didn’t progress a whole lot last week, the midwife said I was between 2 and 3 cm and 50% effaced (was at 2cm last week), the effacement is new but I dilated less than 1 cm.  I feel contractions like crazy and if I’m being honest, I am feeling much more uncomfortable than I ever felt with my girls.  I get cramps in my lower abdomen that will last for up to 3 hours and my back kills.  But I am good, I know that he is certainly easier to take care of while he’s still inside.  I haven’t ran for a week now, I got nervous when I had all that cervical change last week and didn’t want to put myself into pre-term labor.  But I may try and go some this week, depends on how I’m feeling.  We’re almost ready for him to come, just need to pack our bag for the hospital and hang some pictures in the nursery.  We’re so excited!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

so excited for the family! you look beautiful! good luck with the last few days and the delivery, i can't wait to see the new guy!

mommaquincy said...

You look so good for a very pregnant lady! I can't imagine that running would feel good. Any day now would be awesome!

Jenelle said...

You look FAN-TAS-TIC!!! Skinny arms and everything! It's getting close- so exciting!!!

Tifani said...

That is so creepy. I can't believe you were so nice. But it is a true compliment. You are so cute by the way.

Tracy Giles said...

Only you could take such fantastic pictures that far along! Good Grief. I usually look as big as a house - you are all baby! That story is hilarious. I usually only get hit on when I'm pregnant. Isn't that so weird?! I remember once when I was walking while pregnant with Harrison and a guy leaned out of his truck while driving passed me and yelled out, "You're so hot!" Seriously? Seriously. And that really only happens whenever I'm pregnant. People pass me now and just think that girl needs to do some major sit ups :) Some guys just have a thing for pregnant ladies, especially ones as cute as you! Can't wait for your baby boy to get here. So exciting!

Kolbi Young said...

Love the baby bump photos! You're looking great! Love your story, too! I've had the same thing happen, where I couldn't bring myself to tell the guy that I was happily married either. In fact just last year I had a waiter slip me his number while out to eat with a girlfriend.....then came and told me that he didn't care what my 'relationship status' was, but would really like me to give him a call - ha! Why didn't I say anything? I don't know. Maybe because I didn't want to make an already uncomfortable situation even more awkward. Then I walked away thinking, "I wonder how many women he asks out while working....and what his rate of success is...." Ha!