I have so much catching up to do on here! But some things I know I’ll forget if I don’t blog them right away.
Sophie and Tessa love my soy milk. None of us are lactose intolerant. I just don’t care much for cow’s milk and really enjoy vanilla soy milk, it’s delicious (like liquid vanilla ice cream) especially good on cereal (I don’t ever drink milk plain from the glass). My girls caught on to my special milk awhile ago because bites from my bowl taste better than from their own. They learned to ask for “Mommy’s milk” on their cereal. I didn’t think much of it until recently… when Sophie said it out loud in front of some guests. And since I will be lactating in a few months I thought it would sound really weird for others to hear a 4 year old ask for some of Mommy’s milk when I may be nursing a baby in public! So, they’ve been taught it’s proper name, soy milk. Ok, that’s the background to my story.
So yesterday Sophie asked me for some cheese and ran over to open the fridge for me. I pulled it out of the drawer and she looked down at the cheese in my hand and then up at me with a concerned face and asked, “Mom, do we have any SOY cheese?” I got a good laugh out of it, she’s totally hooked. :) I think she figured that if soy milk is better than normal milk soy cheese must be amazing!









9 comments:
so it looks like you'd have no problem going vegan ;)
That girl is just too smart! She'll probably invent some great tasting soy cheese for us someday!
There's a whole soy world out there!
Mommy's milk is the best..!
Have you heard my nursing story?
Oh we love soy milk in our house too. Have you try almond milk? Blue diamond in our favorite. Silk is ok.
I know what you mean, only ours is Organic milk. I can't stand regular milk anymore, but I could drink organic all day.
I need to try it! I hate the taste of cow's milk too and I never drink it plain from a glass either. Thanks for the suggestion. Hilarious post, btw. :)
Cute, cute. Kids say the funniest things. That would be funny if in public and they asked for Mommy's milk, good job for teaching them. Cute crafts.
I have some lactose and vegan family members that love soy milk. I'm not going to lie I've never tried it. Maybe I should!
Im lactose and HATE soy milk, I have tried different ones but literally can't stand the taste. I LOVE almond milk. Dark chocolate almond milk by silk is my weakness
Post a Comment