Sophie assigned us all what we were going to be for Halloween over a month before the holiday. We are all character’s from Disney’s movie Bolt (which we learned not many people have seen!). Sophie is Mittens the cat, Dan is the villain “The Green (or in this case blue) Eyed Man,” I am the girl Penny, and Tessa is Bolt the dog. I had on the striped tights and big boots that Penny wears (which didn’t make it into any of our pictures), just so you know! :)
Update: Got this picture from Leslie, show’s some of my tights. I realized I didn’t have any black shorts that weren’t for running that afternoon so I cut off some black dress pants that were floods anyway and hemmed (horribly, they were all wavy) them up.
Sophie with some of her friends! The dinosaur is Vincent. Jessie is Brinley and Woody is Trinity (both who just moved away :(.)
Some of the activities at the trunk-or-treat included: bean bag toss, apple rolling, coloring, and doughnut eating.
Bolt and his nemesis the blue (instead of green) eyed man. Notice Tessa choose an apple over a doughnut, crazy girl!
Some of our friends who dressed up:
The Browns are all from Toy Story. Leslie made all of these costumes (besides Buzz) herself! Isn’t she so talented? I miss you Les!! The Gordons, adorable Star Wars family.
The Mitchells are Eve, Wall-E and the plant, so clever! The Guercios (minus Aaron who had to work) always look fabulous.
The Wanbergs (daddy was sick) Dr. Suess characters, she just threw these costumes together last minute! Such talent. Matt, Cami and Lily joined us for the trunk-or-treating and decorated our trunk since we never do.
Some more pictures of our girls:
On the way to the party. I must say that Sophie was SOOOOO excited to finally have whiskers painted on, she had been asking for weeks. I even broke down and painted them for her a few days afterwards to wear around the house. Tessa, did NOT want to wear her costume, we kind of distracted/tricked her into wearing it. But she was a better sport when she saw all the other kids dressed up (and I may have told her that no one would give her candy if she took off her tail or ears.)
Candy time!
No surprise that the girls wouldn’t go up to Phil or his dragon, not even for smiley fruit snacks. Scary! His dragon is so awesome though, I didn’t get a picture but the girls would trick or treat to the storm trooper either. Don’t worry, they still got and enjoyed a fair amount of candy!
With Halloween falling on a Sunday we didn’t get out to knock any doors this year. I know in Utah the kids went out on Saturday but that wasn’t happening in Denver, unfortunately. I thought about trying anyway, who could say no to such cute kids dressed up? I considered it but decided that it would be kind of rude to show up unexpected and kind of force people (if they hadn’t got candy yet) to go through their house and find something to give my kids. So we didn’t go. But that’s ok, Sophie had forgotten since last year.
We went home and watched a really cute movie with Matt and Cami instead, called “How to Train a Dragon.” The girls liked it too and we all ate their candy together. :) We love Halloween, I’m glad that Dan humors me and will dress up with me and kids. He had an offer for a free ticket to an Air Force football game that night which he turned down to be with us, thanks honey!!










7 comments:
I'm so glad you finally posted these! I feel like I've been waiting forever! What fun costumes! You're ward seems to get way more creative than ours.
Very creative costumes! Way to go Sophie! I like the Bolt theme. Dan really should have put in some green contacts! Not really, he couldn't look evil, not when he turns down football to be with his girls!
I LOVE your family costume choice!!! We definitely know BOLT around our house.
How could people, with children NOT seen BOLT!? We love that movie! Great job on the costumes. And yes I was very greatful I could still fit in my Cinderella costume, From High School! Especially being 10 weeks pregnant! :) Boosted my self esteem ;)
We totally know who Bolt is in our family, those were great costumes. Good idea Sophie! There were a lot of creative costumes in your ward!
It is crazy how fast kids grow, I can't believe Sophie will be 4 in January and Tessa is going to be 2 next month. Are you guys going home for Christmas?
You guys look great! What a fun Halloween, at least you got a trunk or treat. It's always great to have visitors.
We love Bolt at our house. Cute costumes. Dan actually kind of looks like the green eyed man (minus the green eyes).
Post a Comment