Sophie head butt me in the face this afternoon giving me a fat lip (not malicious, just being too crazy when I was trying to put her shoes on). I was at my brother and sister-in-law’s. It hurt, but the amount of crying I did was not proportional to the pain. So embarrassing! I tried so bad to hold back the tears but they came anyway. They were very nice and did their best not to make it awkward for me, but I was just bawling! And couldn’t stop. I hate that I can’t compose myself on cue. Having an audience always makes the water works more intense. Does anyone else have this problem? I remember it being worse as a teenager.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









9 comments:
Ummmm, yes, I definitely have this problem. It seems I cry most when I'm trying hard not to.....I had a meltdown at our last Primary activity. So embarrassing and I left in tears. But my meltdowns aren't usually because of pain....it sounds like you had a good reason!!
Oh, Jessica. Ha ha ha...I'm sorry! I'm laughing because I cry ALL the time. It has gotten worse for me the older I've gotten. I usually just go into the bathroom or something until I can compose myself. :) It is embarrassing...but know that you're not alone!!
I remember how frustrated you got when you were crying for no reason. I cry at the strangest things sometimes; lyrics to a rock song, a picture of a baby, thinking about Christmas... I think you just got too much of my tear duct gene. Sorry! (Of course it may be a hormone thing).
I totally know what you mean! a while back Jason bit me really hard and Brads mom was here and I tried so hard no to cry but trying not to cry made me cry even harder. I felt pretty dumb but the next day I had a nice bruise so I showed it off so I didn't seem like a complete baby :-)
What a lovable weakness! Obviously you're not alone; no need to be embarrassed. How did your girls respond to you?
That.Is.Hilarious.
I have serious problems with crying when I'm singing. If the song is even remotely sentimental,....and sometimes even when it's not. And I'm not talking a single tear running down my cheek, we're talking uncontrollable sobbing. It makes for an awkward voice lesson when it happens and a horrifying performance. That's probably why I like singing in other languages so much, I'm much less likely to burst into tears!
You definitely don't need to feel embarrassed about this, you had a reason to cry. It reminds me of when I was on the wrong birth control and they were making me cry ALL THE TIME for NO reason whatsoever. Matt was beside himself trying to figure me out.
Mary,
I hid my crying from the girls for the most part they were oblivious. Until we got outside, during the car ride home they just kept telling me that it was ok. Sophie apologized many times over.
Post a Comment