Dan plays in a recreational basketball league with some friends. They did the non-competitive league because they heard the competitive league was too, well… competitive. Turns out they should have done the competitive league, these guys are awesome! They haven’t lost a game, not even close. All of their games (that I’ve been to) have been called at the 5 minute mark because Dan’s team is leading by 40 or more. Dan didn’t play ball in high school (too busy playing a mean viola, getting scholarships, etc.) but he is tall… 6’5”, so he’s got an advantage (as evidenced by the first picture below). But he’s been playing twice a week at the church for over 3 years now and has really enjoyed learning more about it and improving his game. I’m really proud of him! It’s good to see Dan do something besides work all the time. You can definitely tell he enjoys it.
The girls and I enjoy watching his late night games every Tuesday. Tonight is the championship game! Their goal is to score 100 points, to keep it a challenge. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Neither one of my girls appreciate the loud buzzer. But both are for an excuse to stay up late!
Tessa loves to eat apples, and will eat the core if you don’t stop her. I love these pictures I got of Soph’s silly faces that night, she’s such a little comedian!
Sophie showing Dad after the game how old she’ll be on her birthday. She’s good at cheering for her dad, one of the loudest fans at the game.
I had to snag a couple pictures of Dan reading a bedtime story to the girls dressed up in their “Queen of Old” dresses. I don’t know where Sophie got that, but she says it with such purpose and condescension, enunciating so clearly, there is no denying!
So very sweet. I love to see them love their dad. Please excuse our blankets tacked to the wall behind them… I really will make curtains some day, just need to find a good deal on fabric that’s perfect first! :)









4 comments:
My goodness! They do look like a couple of princesses. Tessa wants a book to go to bed by now, too, eh?
Go Dan! I hope they score 100 points, that would be awesome!
The last pictures of the three of them are so sweet!
LOVE Sophies faces! You also have to remember back in high school and college Daniels hands were worth A LOT! If he did something stupied (like hurt his hand playing basketball) Bye bye viola and scholarship. Now his brain is worth more than his hands :) Never thought I would say that! HAHA!
You have a couple of super cute girls! Maybe we'll have to find time to let Jason play with Dan over Christmas. I'm sure he'd love a challenge :)
Post a Comment