While our husbands went golfing, Cami and I took our girls out to the Pumpkin Fest put on by the Botanical Gardens at Chatfield. It was a bit of a drive out there, but nothing to complain about, admission was $6 but everything else was free (except the pumpkins, but they were reasonably priced) and the pony rides… I’ll get to that later.
It was a really windy day, so please excuse our crazy hair in all these pictures. Speaking of pictures, I took 159 pictures. After going through and deleting a bunch (which I always do) I have 36 “keepers” I will try to reduce that number so this blog post isn’t forever long, but there are no promises! My cute girls in costumes surrounded by fun back drops is always “blog worthy.”
There were a lot of fun free things for the kids to do…
{make popcorn hands} {pop bubbles from the bubble machine} {hug the Chick-fil-a cow}
Tessa preferred to stand around, get compliments (to which she always replies, “NOOOOO MINE!” so mean huh? we’re working on it), and most of all: eat her goldfish. Meanwhile, Sophie made this mask she loves.
Lily made a mask too, all by herself! :) Sophie LOVED this little race track, we had to pry her away.
Tessa tried it too but was more concerned with yelling at people who were touching her or got too close than going fast. Funny story: I thought I should help her by pushing her a bit, so I gave her a push and she went straight into one of the sides and capsized… a shining mom moment for me! Oops.
Sophie also enjoyed the complementary inflatable obstacle course and trick-or-treat bag making. Isn’t she cute with her mask on? I bought the set just to get the tail (she already has a cat ear head band) but she decided that the mask is awesome and wears it all the time. The day I bought it she wore it all day and then to bed that night and all through the next day and night as well!
The pumpkin patch was fun to push the stroller through! (Can you sense my sarcasm? Ok, really I have a great stroller so it wasn’t terrible, but still a lot of work.) Anyway, my girls have been fascinated with the idea of a pumpkin patch for the last month ever since they heard they exist. They even had a little scavenger hunt of things for them to look for which Sophie enjoyed (find a pumpkin bigger than your head, a white pumpkin, etc.)
While I was taking a picture of Cami and Lily in front of this painted hay Sophie was asking to ride the ponies, I was ignoring her trying to take the photo. Well, she pushed over my entire double jogging stroller just LOADED with stuff (food, pumpkins, diaper bags, papers, etc.) I was so mad at her and told her she couldn’t ride the pony now. She flipped out and when I asked her to come sit on the hay for a picture she refused so I told her if she would come smile for the picture I would take her to the ponies. So she did. Well… I thought the pony rides were free, they weren’t. So I told her we couldn’t ride the ponies and instead she could just pet them. She liked that part but was really really really mad at me for not coming through on the pony ride promise. I felt bad about it, but didn’t want to pay $5 for her to ride the pony either. Parenting seems relatively simple, but it’s really not! Was I wrong?
So we found them the next best thing to a pony to ride! Look how mad Sophie is in this first picture, just fuming! We stopped and played in the grass and leaves on our way out so Cami could feed Lily. The girls got hyper and crazy, they LOVE to play outside. I can’t wait to get a house and a yard for them to be crazy in all the time.
In other news; Dan got a job offer to be an associate at the law firm he has been working in for the last 8 months which he accepted! It’s good to be employed.









8 comments:
Oh my gosh, such great news about the job for Dan!! What a relief! Congrats! And love the pictures of the pumpkin patch...so fun. I've been trying to find a fun pumpkin patch around here. I think it's adorable that Sophie won't take off her cat mask. :)
I am so excited for you that Dan got a job. I agree that being employed is wonderful. I need to come and visit and still have not met both your girls.
I love your comment "parenting seems relatively simple, but it's really not...." I think this has been the biggest curve ball for me this past year. And if we didn't love them so much, it would be easy to turn in your 2-week notice :) But I'd also add that it's the most rewarding job I've ever had, too. Definitely amazing to see them grow and learn....Glad you had such a fun time at the pumpkin patch. Wow, they had lots of activities for the kiddos! And here's three cheers to Dan's job! It feels great to finally make an income instead of constantly paying for tuition, books, fees, etc!
So cute!! I'm in love with all of the pictures of S in her cat costume. T is a doll as always.
Congrats on the job!! That's phenomenal
Congrats on the job! Yay! Employment is definitely good:) I love the pumpkin patch adventure. Where is your costume!? It looks like so much fun! I love this time of year.
The girls are getting so big! I love the pictures...no reason to only put some of the keepers up.
Congrats on the job dan!
Way to score Dan!! The girls are darling in their costumes! Its really a trial to Tessa to be so adorable isn't it? Sophie is so catlike!
how did I miss this post? Dan got a job! I'm so happy for you! Blessings blessings blessings, but after all, you deserve them...or at least for the sake of your children:)
Post a Comment