You wouldn’t believe how many pictures I had to take to get one that had all of their faces… and Sophie’s is even cut off! Just a tough angle. ANYWAY, look who came to town!! Grandpa Quincy!!! He was only in town for about 15 hours but we fit in a trip to the zoo! It was a lot of fun.
{in the tropical discovery area} {getting off the carousel}
{getting passes to go up the big tower, a long awaited occasion for my girls} {Tess and Grandpa up the tower to see the views of new zoo construction}
Why did Grandpa come to town for 15 hours you may ask?? Well, he is the nicest guy in the world, and offered to see us HIS car for only $500 so Dan would have a car to drive to work and I could have the van during the day. Check it out! Nothing fancy, manual everything, and just the right size for my little husband. :) Gotta love that he’s holding a little girl’s jacket and my floral diaper bag in this picture too, I sure do love this guy!
Thanks again Dad! We loved having you here. And it is soooo nice to have 2 cars, seriously such a blessing. I am proud to say that I’ve never gone into debt to buy a car, and don’t ever plan to! And the albino rhino made it possible for us to save a bit longer. Plus it’s so good for keeping us humble.
By the way, my first car I purchased when I was 17 with money I have saved up from working at Riverton Music and babysitting, it was $3,000 for a red ‘91 Toyota Camry. I remember that I totaled it after owning it for only a few months (not my fault) and the insurance valued it at $4,500! Pretty good investment I’d say, 50% profit in a few months! What was your first car? I think it’s so fun to look back on stuff like this.









4 comments:
Yay for two cars! My first car was a golden '91 Mazda 626. My sister totaled it after two weeks of having her license. Luckily I was no longer the owner and had a different vehicle...Unfortunately, I've never turned a profit on a car ;)
Great pictures! Your kids never looked better! Grandpa Quincy brings out the best in them. I love Sophie's dress and I love that Tessa is wearing Sophie's old boots!
It is great to be a two car family! Zac's broke down when we moved here and we just got it fixed so it is great to have my car back. In high school my parents had a college car and all of my sisters were married, on missions etc. so I drove that one. When I started my Sophomore year of College my parents bought me my own car because I pretty paid for all of my schooling on my own. So I have been lucky, but I agree about not going into debt for a car.
That's awesome!!!! We are in the process of saving for another car right now. I'm stuck with no car everyday since Nathanael has to take it to work. We haven't ever had a car payment either, so we're saving, saving, saving! My first car was a $600 maroon Dodge Spirit! I hated it at first, but got kind of attached to it. It lasted me all through high school and my first year of college. Pretty well spent $600, I'd say! :) Congrats on 2 cars. So awesome!!
Post a Comment