Last weekend we went golfing with Matt & Cami, and Jake & Kim. Cami and I took the girls to try out the mini golf while the “big kids” did 9 holes of real golf. Since their tee time was at 5:18 (gosh they are specific at the golf course!) Dan went straight from work… we are a 1 car family so the girls and I walked. It wasn’t bad, we love to go on walks and it was only a couple miles away. I’ve got tons of pictures from our mini golfing adventures and I’m not leaving many out! (you’ve inspired me Tracy)
I love it when my girls are goofy and laugh together, in this picture they were shaking their drinks in the air and laughing at them. Tessa looks so grown up in the 2nd pic!
Oops! Tessa’s baby doll fell out of her hand in the hole when she was going to get her ball out, she sat there puzzled and then troubled, just staring until I fished it out for her. Cami and I got a good laugh watching Tessa try and hold the golf club at the top while getting her ball out of the hole, she got down on all fours but still got tangled.
Sophie really enjoyed golfing and understood the game quickly. She actually made one hole in 2! The 2nd pic below shows where she hit in in 1 shot (the ball is circled in red) and the 2nd is her hitting it in. I was impressed. She actually beat Cami on that hole (and probably would have beat me but I wasn’t golfing, just helping Tessa.)
Up to the last couple holes Tessa would just carry her ball (and club) and walk right up to the hole and drop her ball in. Well this volcano hole scared her and she didn’t want to touch it, but she did want her ball to go in the hole… so she tried to reach over it. Funny girl is scared of EVERYTHING! She says, “No, eii scarey,” several times a day. Here she is getting her ball from the “scarey” bush, I think I was helping her hit that time… my girls learned quickly not to have Mom help them golf. :)
Soph tapping it in. Cami had a tough time seeing the ball around Lily, I think having a baby strapped to your chest is a pretty big handicap in mini golf. Tess standing on the “sidewalk” waiting her turn. By the way, can you can guess which addition Tessa made to her outfit that night and I couldn’t talk her out of?
Now the most anticipated part of the mini golf was the castle. And this visit was actually a long time coming, since we pass the castle on our way to drop Dan off at work a couple times a week. Sophie knocked on the door and asked the princesses to let her in for awhile until she finally agreed they were sleeping. I love the look on her face the the shoulder shrug in this picture, as if to say, “Oh well, guess they’re aren’t here today.”
By the final couple holes Tessa noticed she wasn’t playing the game right and decided that she should do it like Sophie and Cami. She held the club with one hand and just let it dangle and teeter in the air until it would make contact with the ball. When it didn’t go the way she wanted it she would get really mad and put it back on the black thing. You can’t help Tessa with much of anything these days, or she screams her head off, “MYSELF!” This continued for awhile until we had to move on, which resulted in the 3rd picture below… yep, she’s almost 2.
Sophie could have golfed all night long! I guess she gets that from her dad, he wants to golf all the time too. She was happy as can be until we had to turn her ball and club in, at which point I told her we would go find her daddy. Well, we walked back in through the golf shop and I was behind her a bit holding Tessa when Sophie ran up to some guy sitting in a chair in the golf shop. She was yelling, “Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy!!!!” She even jumped up on his lap before she realized it wasn’t him. I laughed really hard and so did the guy she ran up to after a minute, gave him a good scare I suppose! :) Sophie was embarrassed and I felt bad for laughing, but not too bad, it was so funny! I guess she was just so pumped after a good round of golf.
Not Tessa, after golfing she was just dog tired! Here she is just clinging to Jake when we were trying to put her in the car to go home. (Check out her farmer’s tan by the way! Crazy, how dark it got this summer even though she always wore sunscreen.) And then after we got home she nearly fell asleep in Matt’s arms she was so exhausted (must have been all those tantrums) it was really sweet. Tess sure loves the men in her life.









1 comment:
I'm sure that Sophie can out golf me! Tessa is getting taller and skinnier! Nice to see she still has a tummy! Can't wait to hear how Dan did on the bar!!
Post a Comment