Friday, October 9, 2009

we love visitors

**Warning** there is no such thing as too many pictures for me, but some of you may not agree!

chapmans - art museum everyone outside w caption

We were blessed to have the Chapmans (Dan's parents) and some Wells (Dan's sister and her 2 girls) come stay with us recently.  They drove in a day later than originally planned because of a storm threat.  But we sure kept them busy as soon as we could!

First stop; The Children's Museum:

Tom and Nina took care of the babies for us while Ann and I tried to whip our girls through all the MANY MANY things there were to do!  We all had such a wonderful time.  Sophie's favorite thing, hands-down, was dressing up like a squirrel and carrying around her acorn, couldn't get enough of that.  I think Elise was most into the painting she really COATED her paper well, with LOTS of paint!  Tessa liked it best whenever her mommy held her, and Melody... not sure maybe the bird's nest? HA! :)

chapmans - children's museum fire engine sophchapmans - children's museum fire engine soph drivechapmans - children's museum fire engine melodychapmans - children's museum fire engine Elise chapmans - children's museum grandparents chapmans - children's museum Sophie cooking chapmans - children's museum Melody magnet board chapmans - children's museum tessa magnet board  chapmans - children's museum Soph mirror chapmans - children's museum soph squirrel protectchapmans - children's museum uschapmans - children's museum baby nestchapmans - children's museum soph squirrel wish

  chapmans - children's museum soph painingchapmans - children's museum soph picture chapmans - children's museum elise paintingchapmans - children's museum paining chapmans - children's museum lockerschapmans - children's museum dr sophchapmans - children's museum dance floor

chapmans - children's museum riding the cowchapmans - children's museum coloring cow chapmans - children's museum tom nina outsidechapmans - children's museum soph slide

Whew!  We were all tired after all that playing, so we went home for lunch and naps.  That afternoon ALL of the girls drove over to Target to buy Nina some socks... I know she needs A LOT of moral support! j/k  We decided to check out the clearance baby girl section (for the record, her idea, NOT mine) and then she had a "grandma moment."  I love those. :)  We found the cutest little cotton print jackets and little colorful outfits for the girls.  I've my eyes on the jackets for about a month coveting them every time I was there and was SO SO SO excited to see they were on finally on clearance!  Anyway, they're wearing them in the top picture, are they not the CUTEST?!?!!

That evening we went to Pasquini's.

It's being remodeled, notice the plywood behind us.  But the food was still sensational and the older girls sure loved the dough drums Dan made them while we were waiting for our food!  I also wanted to point out the picture of Tessa hugging Dan.  This is no fluke, or lucky shot.  Tessa is a great hugger!  We love it, especially Daddy.

chapmans - pasquini's Dan and Nina chapmans - pasquini's drumschapmans - pasquini's Elise and Sophie dancing chapmans - pasquini's hungry Melody chapmans - pasquini's Melodychapmans - pasquini's Tess hugging Dan chapmans - pasquini's tess ready to eat chapmans - pasquini's walking to the car

Next stop; the Denver Art Museum.

On our way in we saw this cow, and that's when my camera battery died... Ann was kind enough to let me use her camera in the museum (and then forget her camera at my house so I could caiphe the pictures).  Thanks Ann!  The museum was SUPER cool, they have all kinds of art from all over the world and I think they do a magnificent job displaying it.  They also had all sorts of activities for kids and families (some of which I didn't read about until we had left the museum) including art activites, bingo, and imagination games.  Sophie really liked the red room with the foxes, she still talks about it.  The best news of all is that it was FREE and it is free the first Saturday of every month!  I play to go again next month and see some more, there was a floor we missed and another complete building we didn't get to.

chapmans - art museum another cowchapmans - art museum wells familychapmans - art museum atriumchapmans - art museum red lady chapmans - art museum fox walk chapmans - art museum stroller babies 

That night we had a BBQ with our good friends the Lawrences, we were excited for them to meet the Chapmans!  Afterwards the men went to the priesthood session and the ladies and babies stayed home and frosted sugar cookies.  All of the fancy ones are Kim's, she rocks; Ann and I stuck to frosting and either immediately eating or a quick sprinkling!  Once the guys got home we played some Buzz Word and then TALKED... FOREVER!!  It happens to us with the Lawrences all the time, we lose track of time discussing gospel topics, but Tom just perpetuated the situation.  Thank you so much for putting up with all our questions Tom! :)

chapmans - sugar cookies

chapmans - sugar cookies Elise chapmans - sugar cookies Sophie chapmans - sugar cookies kim's

Sophie was in heaven having Elise around.  Everything is funner with your cousin!!  Now whenever Sophie does something she remembers Elise doing here she reminds me that "Elise do it too!" 

chapmans - reading with Ann  chapmans - early morning dress up 2

I am so glad that the Chapmans (and Wells... minus Brian, we'll get you next time!) made the long drive out to see us.  It really means a lot!  I love having visitors, who's next?

9 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Oh my gosh, it looks like you all had such a fun weekend! I love having visitors too. :)

Kolbi Young said...

I love all of your photos, and I really love the girls' jackets!!! We go to Target just to look around, too. Like today, I only needed some long-sleeved onesies....but spent nearly an hour browsing :) Glad you all had a great time. It sure looks like you are a great hostess!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

That is so fun to get visitors! I wish I got them more often. And I am in love with the coats! I wanted the flower one SO BAD but they were gone before they even went on sale:(

Ambyr said...

Holy WOW. You guys did a lot of playing. What a buys time but it looks like a total blast! I need to come and visit you so that my kids can go to the art museum and all the other fun places you guys have there! Tessa looks so much like you it's crazy!
Hopefully next time you guys are up here I'll get to see you. I had to coach a volleyball game the night of the baby shower so I missed you then. Now we are moving (not far) so hopefully we'll see each other someday soon.

Mindee said...

How cute!

Ann said...

Always a blast! Elise still asks for Sophie but I think she's starting to understand more. Thanks so much for being so hospitable. Love you guys and your sweet girls. Elise and Sophie played so well together. We miss you already.

mommaquincy said...

So many great pictures! I wish I could come right now and visit! The coats are really cute! Tom and Nina are cute grandparents! My favorite picture is the one of Tessa and Melidee in the bird's nest. Tessa really did not want to be in there, did she?

Nicole said...

I love the one of Tessa hugging Dan! Even Jason commented how cute it was. I think it makes him excited to be in the same position. Looks fun!

Dannenbergs said...

So it took me an hour to go through your last few months worth of posts. You are my inspiration. Your girls are adorable. I love the picture of Tessa wearing the goggles, and I love that she smiles with her mouth open, too cute.