I love and hate it when my girls get new teeth. I don't like how they look older and seem less like babies. But I love how cute they look with their crazy uneven smiles. Tessa just cut 3 teeth on the top and 1 on the bottom recently and it's changed her smile quite a bit! I think her face is starting to grow up some, don't you? She frequently stands without assistance too! Plus she's only going to be nursing for a couple more months... I'm losing my baby, sure seems like I just brought her home from the hospital. Oh how I love her! I think 9-18 months are my very favorite, Tessa is so much fun.
I've mixed feelings about my girls growing up in general. It's so fun to see them learn new things and turn into little people. (I almost typed "little ladies" but then heard Sophie squawk in the other room and thought better of it!) But it's also sad because they aren't my babies anymore! Well, Tessa still is, but not for long. :) I can't help but scoop Sophie up and remind her she's my baby girl every once in awhile. Their independence is mostly good and quite beneficial to me but it's still hard! I guess that's why they call them growing pains. The truth is that I've enjoyed every stage of my girls' lives, there is always something new and endearing I discover about them. Advantages and disadvantages to every age and stage. But... I really do love babies! Are you a baby person, or a kid person? What's your favorite age?









13 comments:
Your sentiments echo mine exactly...
I love the 9-18 month phase because it's pre-tantrum, strictly cute and an overall warm fuzzy feel good time.
I love seeing my 3 year old learn and her insights are hilarious and surprising. Like you, I have to rock her for awhile and tell her she's my baby.
I like them all for different reasons. I mourn the loss of each phase as they pass too. ALL OF THE ABOVE
I want them to always want me as much as they do now (i'm so selfish)
My favorite age so far is also 9 - 18 months, but I have a feeling I am more of a young adult person. :)
I don't know what age is best. I've always loved when they are brand new. I think because both my girls were soooo good at that age. But at every age I think it's my favorite but then the next one comes and I love that one too. The one I hate though is the Potty training stage. I loath that stage!
The new teeth are darling! Tessa is looking more and more like herself with a strong little personality! I love the 9 to 12 months stage because they are getting around on their own and are generally happier and more intereactive, but they aren't independant yet, they still need lots of time with mom holding them.
Oh I hate when they get teeth too! They look way too grown up. I am a baby girl, I love newborn up to about 9 months and think 9-18 is a little trying for me. Because they are trying to be independant, while they still need so much help from you. And the whole I want something but can't fully comunicate it to you. (Can you tell I have a 17 month old?) But then I think the toddler age is so much fun I love having a 2-3 year old. I am worried about ages 8-13. I think that is a rough age, when girls baby talk and boys are going from kid stuff to big boy stuff! I don't know I guess I will learn! (Sorry for the novel!)
Yuck on the 9-18 months. I hate babies. But I sure do love kids and four year olds.
I love Tessa's cheeks!! So kissable :) I'm trying to enjoy each stage as they come, rather than be anxious for Ryker to achieve the next milestone. I have quickly realized that babies grow too fast! I miss the days when he would cuddle and sleep in my arms - but those were also exhausting days/nights. It is hard to say....but I do know why people want more children - The ones you have grow too quickly and then you are hungry for a brand new little one fresh from heaven. I've never understood that until I became a mom.
I love watching them grow up and be independent, it's easier to do it myself but I need to let him do it. I am not a lover of the baby, baby fase I love that they cuddle but I don't like nursing and getting up at night. Enough about me. Cute pics. Looks like you guys had a great time with Dan's family. We would love to come visit sometime. I LOVE sugar cookies those looked so wonderful. I wish we lived closer I think we could get together often. Fun times.
Wow! Look at her go with her teeth! Adri is barely cutting her first one! It's hard to pick a favorite age. Adri is so cute with her baby face, but Brinklee says the cutest things!
i love the newborn stage...thats the only time neacel ever wanted mommy. He is so independent and wants to do things on his own. I can't belive he is going to be 1 in a month....I don't like this stage he is in now though...biting, hitting, tantrums...yeah he does it all.
Tessa is just adorable. I wish Neacel would get more teeth...its sad to watch them grown but so much fun at the same time. Just a reason to have another!!!
I totally agree, each new milestone is exciting but it makes me so sad that they aren't as "baby" anymore. I have loved every stage so far. But 18months has been a blast, it's so fun to watch Sascha learn so much every day. Can I say every stage is my favorite?
Tessa is adorable!! Love the pictures, nicely done!
I know exactly what you are feeling! I cannot believe how big sophie is...she is a little lady. Just to think that Delia will be as big as sophie looks now and it makes me sad everyday! My favorite age is 8-12 months!! Love them. They seem the sweetest around that time for some reason! they are both so different, but both beautiful. I love babies. I remember when Delia was just a couple of weeks old thinking how I just wanted her to be 3 already..what was I thinking. I miss the baby stage so much. I too hold Delia in my arms and call her my "little baby" but it only last 2 secs. Then I tell her that it is a good thing I am having another baby!! This time around I will definitely cherish it a little more! ;)
Five year olds are fabulous. They still think the sun rises and sets because of mom, but they express themselves clearly. That's my favorite.
Post a Comment