Monday, September 28, 2009

who we'd been missing

Utah vacation - to the park

We went to this cool park behind the West Jordan city building one morning.  Sophie was really grumpy and only want to play with me even though she loved the playhouses. 

Utah vacation - park famillyUtah vacation - park Sophie smileUtah vacation - park Tess and JoniUtah vacation - park Jenny and Tessa   

We soon found out that Sophie was pretty sick when she started crying and barking like a baby seal during lunch.  Doctors described to me what croup sounds like many times but I never quite understood.  The moment I heard it, I knew what is was.  The poor thing was having trouble breathing and fell asleep while I was trying to comfort her, drooled down my shirt.

That evening I went over to the Chapmans' without her (thank you Jenny and Mom for taking care of the sickie!)  Her sweet cousin Elise was bummed she couldn't make it but colored her some nice get well pictures.  It was fun to spend a little time with Dan's family (even though he wasn't there)  I do feel like they are mine too!

Utah vacation - Tess and Ann Utah vacation - Melody

After a night's rest her fever was gone!  Sophie still acted cranky but according to the trusty internet, she wasn't contagious if her fever's gone.  So we went to the dollar movie with Elise.  They held hands just for fun, so cute.

Utah vacation - movies with Elise

That night was another long one for me and I was dreading the drive home like you wouldn't believe.  I just knew it would be a disaster; the longest 9 hours of my life.  Things always seem worse when you are sleep deprived.  I don't know what I would have done without Jason and Nicole.  That's right, my big brother and his wife came to the rescue!!  Let me explain; they live in Houston and decided to fly to Denver and then drive to SL with me for the shower, instead of flying straight to SL, it saved them a few bucks and helped me out a TON.  So they rode with us both ways!  I know, so nice.

Utah vacation - sick Sophie carUtah vacation - happy Tessa car

The drive home wasn't near as bad as I imagined, chalk it up to low expectations I guess! Sophie felt cruddy but had a good attitude.  Thanks again Jason and Nicole, we owe you BIG BIG BIG!!

Utah vacation - Soph and Dan

Continuing with my out of order theme... here are the rest of my pictures!  Most of them are from shortly after we arrived in SL playing in my parents' back yard.  The first one though, of Sophie is funny NOT because of the look on her face but because of the irony.  Funny enough, she received an umbrella from one grandma and a rain coat from the other the same day (uncoordinated) with the same monkey character on both!  Wow, are they ever on the same page, they both seem to know my girls pretty darn well!!

Utah vacation - Sophie's new coat and umbrellaUtah vacation  - Soph slide Utah vacation - Soph playhouseUtah vacation - tramp Soph and gmaUtah vacation - mom in playhouse Utah vacation - Tess eating boat Utah vacation - grandpa's here

My dad also drove out to Denver so we'd have more room to travel to SL in.  You can't tell from the picture but Sophie was happy to see him... Tessa, well, not so much.  We all love an excuse to get out the air mattress!

 Utah vacation - air mattress Tessa Utah vacation - air mattress crazy Sophie

This last picture is my favorite, how cute are they?

Utah vacation - tess and Jason tramp

So I didn't get a picture but I have to mention that we are sporting a new MINI VAN!!!  Well, it's not really new, it's old... the same age as our car, but it's new to us!  We actually didn't buy it, nor did we trade for it... we just swapped with my parents temporarily.  I think I've complained too loudly after making the drive to Utah in our Accord and so my parents said they wanted to swap my car for their van.  My mom doesn't really need a mini van (although I know she likes them) and they have another one anyway.  It's a Toyota Sienna and we are really loving the extra space!!  We went to Costco last week and ALL of us could come and we didn't even have to take the stroller in the apartment to make room for our stuff!  Pretty awesome.  Just in case you're wondering, it's a long time dream of mine AND Dan's to own a van.  In fact, I think he's more excited than me! 

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Some really great pictures! Sophie looked pretty green on that drive home! I'm glad that it went well! I'm glad you are enjoying the van!

Ann said...

Ha! I have to say you guys are pretty nerdy parents. And I of course loved the pictures! See you in a few! :)

Erika Ellis said...

those are great pictures. What a great family you have!

Meg & Josh said...

I am so glad Sophie got feeling better!

And Dan teases me about driving a wagon... :)

Ruthanne said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you had fun, it makes me excited to go see my family! Poor baby cutting teeth, looks painful!

Kristen said...

I miss your family, your parents look great! Tell them hi for me. ps remember all of our sleepovers on that trampoline? it was always so much fun!