Saturday, September 12, 2009

SMART... aleck?

I love these movies.  We picked them up at Costco for $6 each.  Sophie watched the Letter Factory twice and could tell me all the letter sounds!  And sing the song of course, "The A says Aaaaaa... Every letter makes a sound, the A says Aaaaaa!"  Sounding out words is a bit more complicated but she tries.  I've no doubt she'll be reading words sometime in the next year or so.  She sounds out the words on the cover all the time.  I'm so proud of her!misc - girls in the bath

On the other hand she's such a smart alek!  She doesn't want to do anything I want her to do, let me give you an example.  The other night I made spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner.  I watched her down the sauce with a spoon in about 10 seconds.  As she was bringing the last bite towards her mouth I said, "That's yummy sauce huh?"  She puts the spoon down on her plate, pushes it away and says, "No, I don't like it!"  What a little stinker!  Here's another funny example. When we take her out on her little tricycle and want her to turn to the right all you have to do is tap her handle bars and say, "Let's go this way," (turning it to the left) Sophie will promptly turn the handle bars sharply to the right (the way I wanted to go) and say, "NO, this way!"  Works every time.  Also, if she's walking too slow all I have to say is, "Sophie, let's walk slow... SO SLOW."  And she'll break into a run!  Yep, she's 2.  At least she's predictable. :)  I think it's hilarious.

Speaking of AWESOME... (good transition, I know) I am so excited about these new clothes I picked up at Target yesterday with my birthday money!  I've been wanting a mustard sweater and trouser jeans for A LONG TIME and I finally found some, when I had money to spend, AND  at the right price!  I love Target.

misc - new clothes

We were lucky enough to have a few friends over for tea on Thursday.  What cutie's!

misc - tea partymisc - tea party Sophie

Coming soon... pictures from the stake fair!  I'll keep you POSTED, ha ha ha.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Cute clothes! and funny girls. What more do you need?

jaredelizabeth said...

I LOVE the leap frog movies.....I couldn't believe how fast Mason learned the sounds either....crazy.

I was staring at you in church today....it probably looked really funny, but I REALLY liked what you were wearing. You were STYLN'. Target rocks!

mommaquincy said...

I wonder what happened to my comment! Anyway it said how grown up Tessa looks sitting at the tea party and how smart Sophie is, but I must say that her mom is smarter! And I can't wait to see you in 2 more days!!

Tracy Giles said...

I love those videos too! Your pictures are looking FABULOUS!