Tuesday, September 8, 2009

my birthday weekend

Friday - swimming

I sat on the side and let Dan do the work, ahem, "playing" with our darling girls.  It was kind of chilly, but they don't seem to mind.  I love the picture of Tessa grinning at her Dad, they love each other.  No doubt that Sophie is Daddy's girl either, I kept telling him this day would come!  Now he's the favorite, well, unless there is an injury.

labor day weekend - swimming Dan and Sophlabor day weekend - swimming Sophie

labor day weekend - swimming Tessalabor day weekend - swimming Tessa bwlabor day weekend - swimming Tess and Soph

Saturday after Dan helped me scrub the bath tubs we went out to lunch at the Olive Garden.  It was so very yummy and we got to use a gift card from my grandma, what a sweetie!  I have to say, this woman has over 50 grandchildren (and nearly that many great-grandchildren) but still remembers to send cards and make phone calls, she's amazing.  I wish I had a quarter of her memory NOW let alone when I am her age!  And we got to go to lunch KID-LESS thanks to our good friend Kim who came over and watched the girls for us.  It is so nice to get a chance to really talk.  That night we got to go watch the BYU game at the Lawrences, so excited they won!!

My actual birthday was Sunday.  I feel silly that I didn't get any pictures of me... sorry.  It's hard when you're always the picture taker.  I enjoyed a beautiful day at church filled with uplifting lessons.  Dan made me breakfast, lunch and dinner.  He would tell me to "get out of MY kitchen," if I tried to help with anything.  We had a few friends over for dinner and Kim made me some birthday cup cakes, THANKS KIM!  I also got lots of phone calls and emails, which I really appreciate!  Plus gifts in the mail from both of my moms.  I'm blessed to have so many good friends and family.

My birthday present from Dan was the new version of Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements (for video).  He ordered it online all by himself!  I think this is the frist year he didn't tell me to just go shopping for my gift.  I am so excited about my new Photoshop, because now I can shoot in RAW and have so many more options for making my pictures look good even if I don't shoot them perfect!  I shot in RAW at the zoo the next day to try it out, I LOVE IT!!  I haven't tried the video thing yet but will ASAP.

Monday - zoo

labor day weekend - zoo Sophie drumminglabor day weekend - zoo Sophie and Kim

labor day weekend - zoo Tessa eatinglabor day weekend - zoo Sophie bum

That drum is probably her favorite part of the zoo, we have to tear her away.  Sophie looks a little loopy in the picture with Kim, and about 5 minutes later she was passed out on top of Kim's head.  Who would have thought you could sleep on someone's shoulders?  That didn't stop Kim from nabbing a picture of the cheetah though.  Tessa seems to mostly just endure the zoo these days probably due to the fact she always seems to be missing a nap. She is interested in very little outside of her snacks. The zoo always wears my girls out. 

labor day weekend - zoo Soph sleeping on kim labor day weekend - zoo Tess sleeping

Last night we went to a potluck at the park with a bunch of friends.  We left in a rush and I forgot my camera darn it!  It was really fun for about an hour until Sophie had an messy accident (2nd of the day) and we had to go.  I brought her a change of clothes for the #1 type, but this had to be dealt with at home.  She was so sad to go (so was I) but hopefully she will learn from the experience. :)  At least she was accident free on my birthday!

11 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a way fun birthday! Yay! I love birthdays so much. :)

Ann said...

I'm so sorry! I forgot your birthday. I knew it was coming but never thought about it on the actual day! I'll call you, we also need to decide when were coming to see you too! Happy birthday Jess! We love you sooooooo much. :)

mommaquincy said...

Very cute pictures! I'm glad you had a great birthday! I am so glad that you were born!

Inspired said...

So fun to have your birthday over Labor Day weekend! Happy birthday!

Jenelle said...

Glad you had a great birthday this year! I love the picture of Dan and the girls hugging in the pool. So cute! One day I want a nice camera like yours. Your zoo pictures are amazing. One day...

Tracy Giles said...

Happy Birthday! You have the cutest kids! I can't wait to get photoshop. I want to shoot in RAW so bad! I think it makes such a difference. I'm glad he ordered it for you all by himself :) Again, Happy Birthday!

Ali said...

Happy Birthday to my friend I've never met. Sounds weird, right?! I agree, your girls are adorable. I wish we could get Miss Sophie and Eliza together to play.

Cieslak Family said...

Happy Birthday Jessica, it sounds like you guys had a fun weekend and your pool pictures are so cute!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Happy Birthday! We share the same day! I got a new cannon rebel for my birthday! I am so excited to make better photos too. Your girls are so cute!!! Congrats on potty training. And I must say...you look AMAZING! How can I look as good as you do???

Linda said...

I love Photoshop Elements 7. Can't wait to see what you do with it.