Would I have gone to the stake fair if I didn't have an assignment?
Probably not.
But I did...
I actually love the stake fair and look forward to it every year but this year (our 3rd) it was freezing cold and pouring rain! It's usually hot and sunny. The watermelon and snow cones weren't a big hit this year. I think most of the people in attendance were there because they had to be. :)
This one, on the other hand had a great time! She LOVES the rain, and I painted her face like a cat. She's really into pretending to be animals lately.
I was in charge of the face painting booth for an hour, my young women really came through. Every single showed up ON TIME for her shift and painted faces for an hour (and one girl did 2 hours!). I am very proud of them. We were happy to be inside the semi-dry tent!
In other news, Sophie is improving her potty skills. I am much more relaxed about the whole thing. She's finally started going #2 on the potty! (Can I hear a WOOT WOOT?!!?!!) She only has accidents on occasion now like if she's playing with a friend and too busy to bother with such matters. I am SO proud of her. We are getting along much better these days, I think I'm taking her off the market, she's not for sale anymore. :)
In fact, I want to gush just a bit about how much I love my kids. Tessa is simply delightful. I love it how every time we make eye contact she gives me a smile like she hasn't seen me in 5 years. She is getting a back bone though and will scream or pull hair if her sister tries to steal her toys. Tessa babbles as she happily plays with toys for an hour at a time. Sophie's vocabulary expands daily and she is more and more well equipped to articulate to me what she's thinking about. She will ask me to play puppies with her or even just "talk a me." I enjoy being able to talk to her more and more. She loves her Daddy so much and talks about him periodically throughout the day reminding me he's at school. Sophie also loves to sing and knows the words to lots and lots of songs. I think her favorites are, "I am a Child of God," "BINGO", "Old McDonald," "The Wheels on the Bus," and "Once Upon a Dream" of course! I love my girls!









3 comments:
Your young women must have a great leader! Nice work. Sophie makes a great cat and Tessa is adorable as a baby girl! Its been cold and rainy here today. Congrats on the potty training progress!
Oh boy do I know how you feel about the whole potty training thing! It's SO nice to have a great relationship with your child again once they start poopin in the potty! Way to go Soph! She is SO gorgeous...so is Tessa, and of COURSE you! Just had to throw that all in!
Happy Belated Birthday. I love the pic of you and Sophie you both look so cute. Glad the potty training is going better. Cute pics, good job.
Post a Comment