We enjoyed a lot of happy times with family and friends during our trip to Utah. Prepare yourself for A LOT of pictures!!
Ugly Sweater and Nog party
This party was a lot of fun although we couldn’t stay for long (Sophie can’t stay up much past 8:00… let’s just say she NEEDS her sleep). It was a sort of co-ed bridal shower, we had lots of very ugly sweaters, but Braden (the guy in the hearts) won the contest and the egg nog. My family is a lot of fun, it was so great to see a lot of cousins, aunts and uncles.
Jonathan’s Eagle court
My little brother Jonathan recieved his Eagle scout while we were there. You can’t see Dan in the picture but he was very excited to sit for the first time in “the Eagles’ nest,” what a night! Good work Jonathan, we love you.
Josh and Meg's wedding
It was so wonderful to see Josh happy again, he went through so much with his divorce and it was hard to watch. Meg is a wonderful person and and I couldn’t be happier for them both! I am so glad that we got to be there to celebrate with the family. I was worried about exposing Tessa to so many people at such a young age but she was really good for us and spent most of her time in her car seat sleeping as she is the last picture with a blanket over her. My aunts kept teasing me by saying, “what a cute blanket!” (instead of baby) since that’s mostly all they saw. :) Sophie was such a ham at the reception, she ran around dancing and turning up the CHEESE for every camera that came her way, the photographer loved her.
New Years
I didn’t take any pictures on New Years, in fact I didn’t take many pictures during the whole trip… most of what you see I got from other people. I am still adjusting to being a mother of two and didn’t have enough hands. But we had a fun time on New Years playing games, watching Mama Mia, and doing a puzzle.
Sugar Bowl
I think this says it all…
Go UTES!!! You are #1 in our book. We had some friends over to watch the game at my parents house, it was a lot of fun.
Just hanging out
It’s always a good time when Sophie and her cousin Elise get together, those two have so much fun! Sophie is still calling out, “Elise, where are you?” with her hands cupped around her mouth a few times a day. then she answers her own question by saying, “Elise, bye bye.” Their little sisters may not look like cousins (see how dark Tessa looks next to Melody!) but I think they will be partners in crime soon too. I wish I would have taken more pictures of Sophie with her aunts and uncles because this trip was a good one for Sophie bonding with them. She was her usual snotty self at first and refused to go near some of them but by the end of our visit she had even warmed up to my Dad… she used to cry if he was even in the same room as her, not even looking at her! It was great to see her enjoying all of those people who love her so much. My sister Jenny was an angel who would come get Sophie from us in the morning around 6:30 when she woke up so we could go back to sleep with Tessa until 9 or 10. Jenny and Sophie had some good times. Yep, we were spoiled with good company, good food, gifts, and unforgettable memories! Thanks Mom and Dad for the flights that made it possible for us to be there to enjoy it all.









16 comments:
I'm so glad you were able to go home for awhile!! It looks like you had so much fun. Both of your girls are SO cute and YOU look GREAT!!!
Wow, it looks like you guys had a great time on your trip! I love the "ugly sweaters"-too funny!
I can't believe how much different Tessa already looks! You guys look great in orange, beautiful dresses!
We are glad to have you back & need to resume our "quiet hours" hehehe
I love all the pictures! I love the brown bow in Tessa's hair. It is adorable! It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm so glad you were able to go. You look great Jessica!
Wow! You really didn't get much down time did you? I'm so glad that you came and that Tessa and Sophie stayed healthy! I hope that you are getting all of the rest and relaxation you should have had with that new baby!
Great pictures! The sweater with the hearts is by far the ugliest! I think it's time to start having an ugly sweater party here in Denver. I can't wait to meet that BEAUTIFUL baby girl!
Looks like you had a fun trip. Crazy to have just had a baby and traveled. You have such a cute family. You are beautiful. Tessa is Adorable. I love all the pics and the wedding ones are fun too. I like the colors. I bet you are glad to be home. HOpe all goes well with two. It's crazy but so fun.
Looks like you were very busy when you were up here! I'm totally bummed that we couldn't make it to Josh's wedding, I really wanted to see you and your new little someone. Hopefully we can get together next time your in town!!!
I'm glad you got a picture of Elise with a slight grin, that is rare! We already miss you guys! BTW the Satanic Tigger broke, such a sad day. :( Also can you send me the black and white photo of Sophie and Elise with the green boots, please. :)
Cute, cute cute! Looks like you had a fun time! The wedding looked beautiful too. I'm sure glad you were able to make it. Tess and sophie are as cute as ever!!!
Ah, I wish I was with you every minute of your visit. Jess, I love you more and more each time I ready your blog. It's a bum deal being so far from family, isn't it? Thanks for taking so many great pictures so I could feel a part of the party and thanks for finding time to blog when I'm sure you'd rather be sleeping. Your girls are so beautiful! I hope I get to see them in person on eof these days.
Sophie was such a ham, and everyone loved her!
I am so glad you guys could make it. It just wouldn't be the same without you. Thank you.
The house is certainly a lot quieter without you guys there, we were bored to death Sunday without Sophie to entertain us. Josh tried, but he doesn't compare.
That heart sweater takes the cake. Fun pics. Nothing beats being with family. I'm glad you were able to go, and that Tessa cooperated in her carseat.
Jess, thanks for being such a diligent blogger. It's so much fun to see your cute family. We looked for you and the baby at the wedding but we didn't see you. MIA or feeding? It's so much fun having Josh and Meg in our ward. We don't see them often even though they live like 50 steps away.
That picture of Dan watching the game is fantastic.
Glad to see you had a safe and fun trip home for Christmas! I'm glad that you were able to make it with baby in tow ;) Has Dan converted to the U now???? j/k....Tyler swore that he was only a Ute fan for the game...hah!
Hey, Guess what Jessica? I totally used to work with you brother Jason at BYU, weird huh. Well it is 9:00 on a friday night and I am still at work, I should probably stop looking at blogs and finish my work so I can go home =). I just needed a break, my eyes are melting. Great pics, see ya Sunday.
Post a Comment