Now that I am over 30 weeks pregnant I feel like we're on the home stretch! This pregnancy has just flown by and it's starting to hit me that we will have a newborn in the house again. In some ways that seems a bit overwhelming and I'm not sure how I will do a lot of things with 2 kids. However, having a new life in our home is something I am really looking forward to although it is kind of hard to imagine. In some ways I feel like since I already did the newborn thing, doing it again would be like going back to being a newly wed or going back to high school again! Didn't I already graduate from this? We're in toddler mode now. But yesterday as we were shopping for a bassinet I was getting so excited, it is getting real now!! Spending some time with my niece Melody over the last couple weeks has reminded me again how much I love newborns. It brings tears to my eyes as I type to remember how special it was to bring Sophie home. They are just so sweet and so very special to me. I can't help but feel the spirit when I am around a new baby, they are just fresh from heaven. The veil seems so thin around them, I'm in awe. I remember feeling so honored that the Lord would give me such a precious gift and trust me with her life, to raise her. So it is with a little bit of trepidation and a lot of excitement I anticipate the birth of this next little lady.
In other news: I went to the doctor today, everything looks great, I am measuring right on target. I asked her the BIG question, "how long will you let me go past my due date before induction?" I was particularly interested in her answer as I am due on the 25th of December and my brother plans to be married on the 30th. She said that they won't induce (w/o a medical reason) until I am 9 days over due. Yikes, someone just kill me now! I don't anticipate going over, but I just wanted to know what would happen, just in case. Sophie came at 37 weeks and a couple days, that would be perfect (besides the fact Dan would be in finals)! She did say that she would "strip my membranes" as early as 38 weeks if everything continues to look good and maybe that would put me in labor. I don't know what stripping the membranes even means but, she usually doesn't do it until 40 weeks, so I guess that's good. Experienced moms' insight?










14 comments:
Not to scare you too much but I've heard stipping your membranes is oober painful. But hey if it helps get the baby here faster I would do it too. We'll be praying for you!
no insight here...sounds kinda gross, but what isn't when it comes to childbirth? I love Sophie's baby pictures....she looked like Sophie from the very first.
Ok, stripping your membranes isn't THAT painful, but it does hurt. They basically scrape the walls of your cervix with their finger. I mean, they have to get clear up there, which is a little painful and the scraping hurts for a little while, but when you compare it to all of the aces and pains you have for the long 9 months of pregnancy and the fun-ness of labor, it's nothing really.
If you went that early with Sophie I bet you won't go over.
With Deklan I was 12 days over and with Dallin I was a week early. They say each one comes a little earlier.
Wow, 30 weeks already??? Look at you go!
By the way, your post made me cry too. I completely agree about being around a newborn! Their little spirit just radiates and it is such a great experience.
I am excited for you. Two isn't as much work as it seems.
They stripped my membranes with Natalie, and it put me into full labor within 2 days...I don't remember that hurting as much as the catheter they gave me at the same time. Of course, I'm old--this "baby" is now 23--so senility may have set in.
I guess I never thought about it. I always related stripping the membranes to breaking your water. I guess that its 2 different things. The membranes are your water bag. I guess that the idea is to get your body to go into labor on its own. Probably a better plan than breaking the water sack or membrane.
Meg got dresses for Sophie and the baby! She has faith!
I think it's exactly what it sounds like. Nasty and painful.
I've never had my membranes stripped, but it doesn't sound fun to me. But if it helps than maybe it would be worth it! I'm excited for you to have your little girl...can't believe it's already that soon! Those baby pictures of Sophie (I'm assuming they are of Sophie) are adorable...she was a cute newborn!
I can't believe you are on the home stretch already! You look great! I'm not a big fan of going more than a week overdue and not being induced! My mom went several weeks with me and Hailey, but they finally just set an induction date for Brax. Hopefully, I don't follow in her footsteps ;)
Im going to ask my doctor to strip my membranes next wednesday, im just to the point of being done. I can't wait to have a newborn in the house, so many people just love it and talk about how wonderful their spirit is and I want that in our home. Your so close....btw you look great for being 30 weeks!
Been there, done that! I love watching you guys through your blog! Good luck on things!
I can't believe they won't induce you until 9 days over due! I live in the land of malpractice suites (trust me I'm quite serious) and every doctor I've talked to here will induce you at 38 1/2 weeks if you want to. I didn't have a choice with either of my inductions because of blood pressure issues, they had to deliver me. Good luck with the home stretch, and get plenty or rest, it will be hard to come by with two at home!
It hard to imagine another baby being as adorable as that little Sophie was! I can't wait to meet her!
I know how you feel. This second pregnancy does go by quicker and it is interesting to think just how different two babies will be. They are such a precious gift from God!
What a beautiful baby sophie was and is!! I'll bet the next one will be just as beautiful. Babies are amazing...I think that's why so many people love the "babies" because they are the sweetest, purest, most innocent things in life! What hospital are you delievering at? My doctor said the same thing, but I have a trick to try that doesn't involve ingesting anything if you are interested. But I dought you will go over because of how sophie was, (lucky duck) you might go as fast as tracy ;) My OBGYN told me at my last appt that if I was able to give birth to a 9 lbs. baby, I should have no problem with the 2nd one! I hope he's right. Good luck and you look great!
Post a Comment