Friday night was the ward Trunk or Treat and Sophie's first appearance as Piglet (thanks Ann for letting us borrow the costume). I thought she made an exceptional Piglet, of course.


Sorry there's so many pictures, I have a hard time choosing sometimes. I had to throw in the pictures of Tinkerbell and the lost boy, just too cute to ignore. Their parents were Hook and Peter Pan, some day I hope to coordinate our family costumes as well... someday.
There was a big pile of leaves which I thought was a perfect place for pictures while Sophie thought it was perfect for playing. Dan found her tail to be useful for holding her in place while he "de-leafed" her for the up-teenth time. I think a tail would come in handy, maybe we should try and find a more permanent tail-like appendage to add to Sophie's back-side. :)
Sophie was a little bewildered by the trick or treating idea at first but caught on quickly, she didn't know why everyone wanted to give her candy but she didn't care!! She was quite attached to her pumpkin bucket prior to the event but after it was filled with candy they were inseparable. She had to hold it all the time and if I offered to hold it for her she would run away. I couldn't get her to say trick or treat, she would just say, "cany pease!" Which got the job done anyhow.
A new addition to the party this year was games and food inside the church. Sophie enjoyed her pumpkin balloon we made for her. Which, unfortunately, didn't make it home with us due to an unfortunate slip of the hand in the parking lot. Sophie was fine with her candy-filled bucket to console her. I was all about the home-made root beer, mmmmm... my favorite.
Monday, October 27, 2008
this little piggy...
Posted by
Jessica
at
1:27 PM
Labels: Family Outings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









9 comments:
You're right, all of the pictures are good! I hope Sophie is sharing her candy with her Mom and Dad! What a cute family!
She is a very cute piglet! I love the Peter Pan idea. I think it's so fun when families coordinate!
Cute! I love the way she asked for candy! Can't wait to see you in a couple months!
I love this costume!!! She looks so snuggly in it ;) I'm glad she has the trick-o-treating down...even if she can't exactly say it.....Very cute!
I'm glad Sophie is getting the hang of trick-or-treating. We were practicing with Elise yesterday. I think she's getting the hang of it.
She looks so cute!! I love Halloween! I just read about your last little bit of being prego. That's crazy about your dr. 9 day is a long time. I want to see a pic of your cute belly. Christmas will come quick. Hopefully she won't come on Christmas. Do you have any names? I can't believe how fast mine has gone too. I am sure it will all work.
OH she is the cutest little piglet I have ever seen! That is adorable!!!
I don't blame you for not being able to choose one. She's so cute.
Sophie is a cute Piglet! Jace wouldn't say trick or treat either. He actually just stood there silently looking at all the strange people. I think he was tired...and a little overwhelmed at all that was going on. That's fun that the ward did more than just the trunk or treat. Home made root beer sounds so good!
Post a Comment