Grandad Chapman passed away into the next life this morning. He was a wonderful man who did so much. One of the things about Grandad that always intrigued Dan was his service in World War II. He was in General Patton's 3rd army where he fought in the Battle of the Bulge. Last night Dan was saying how from a young age he wished he had served in the war like his grandad. I know that he had a great impact on Dan's life. What a great example he is to so many. I never saw that side of him, but I will always remember a humble, sweet man who asked me every time I saw him (pointing at Sophie), "Do you know what she is?... She's our future." It made me laugh how when he was ready to go from any social event he would just go out to the car and honk for Grandma to drive him home. He always made me feel loved from the first time I met him with hugs and kisses on the cheek each time we parted. We'll miss you Grandad, but we're glad you are home!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
goodbye Grandad
Posted by
Jessica
at
11:49 PM
Labels: Family Events
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










5 comments:
What a goodlooking group of men! I'm glad that he was finally able to go home, too. I'm glad that his homecoming brings your family home for a few days, too!
You have the custest little girl and I miss you like crazy. Oh and on that look a like meter I agree she looks more like dan. But maybe it is just the blonde hair. Are you coming home for Christmas. we should hook up if you are. visit my blog at summerandty.blogspot.com
I'm sorry about Dan's grandpa, but that's great that you guys have so many good memories of him.
Sophie's such a cute and smart little girl! It's fun to see how much kids learn all the time! I always think my kids too young for so many things, but they are always surprising me!
Oh! He looks like such a sweet man! I love the song sophie sings. That is so so cute!!
sorry to hear about Dan's Grandpa. I love your blog and your adorable little girl!
How do you do the cute scrap booking?
Post a Comment