Friday, September 19, 2008

PHEW, we made it!

Well, we made it! It wasn't easy but we packed up and moved all of our belongings less than 1 mile down the street. I don't think you ever realize how much stuff you have until you move. You'd think with all my recent moving experience I would have a good grip on the reality of the extent of my belongings... but NO! It never ceases to amaze and horrify me the amount of stuff we move out of an apartment. Anyway, here are some photos (these are for you Mom) of the apartment. I took some pictures the morning after we arrived and yesterday after I finished unpacking, well mostly... only 3 boxes left! I think the living area was the worst, I didn't think I'd ever be able to get through all that stuff! It made me want to cry looking over that mess.

You can see Sophie poking around in the boxes in the before picture. The poor thing is still trying to find her way around our new place. It's better now that the boxes are gone but I could tell she didn't know where she was. I would ask her to go find something in her room and she couldn't find her room. Whenever she happened on the front door she would cry to go outside! But she really likes the room to run around now, and runs laps all day long. The extra space is really nice for all of us. We love our new apartment, especially now that it looks like a home instead of a disaster area! There's still a few more things I need to find places for and most of the pictures to hang but it feels like home.



Sophie worked really hard with the move. Here's Sophie "helping" Dan take her gate down at our old place. The 2nd picture is of Sophie wearing some "glos" (as she says it) she just had to have because I was wearing latex gloves to clean. She actually spent one evening and one morning at friends' houses so we could get stuff done. She really enjoyed that part! I didn't take any pictures of them, but all of our friends and neighbors who watched Sophie and helped us move everything are my heroes and you all deserve medals, we really couldn't have done it without you! Thanks a million!!

I also wanted to throw in this picture of Sophie from the Stake Fair cake walk, didn't take many pictures because we got there late and I had to work at the face painting booth. She thought the walking/dancing to the music was fun and had no idea it was for a cupcake! It was a huge bonus but she still wanted to keep walking. Oh and as a side note, pretty sure her ears are crooked because no matter how much I mess with her sunglasses they are always crooked! Poor thing.

Also, here's an update on my siblings in Houston for those who are wondering. Jenny and James are still without power and hot water! But James goes back to work on Monday. The ironic thing is that the townhome they are buying has power and water, but they don't move in until November. There was some damage to the town home but since they don't own it yet they don't have to pay. Jason and Nicole are still in San Antonio for Jason to work at a different office since the Houston one is still out of commission. Nicole is just hoping she still has a job when they get back, she started a new job the week before Ike and hasn't been able to talk to them about being in San Antonio. What crazy times!! I wish I could bring you over cookies or dinner or something. Hang in there guys, we love you!

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Wow! That was a lot of work you did in a few days! I'm impressed! It really does look nice! And as another update; Nicole got to talk to her doctor and she goes back to work on Monday morning, too. They are all at Sea World right now!

Mary-Anne said...

Congrats on moving again! :) I know how horrible that can be...yuck! Your new apartment looks great! It's huge! I'm jealous!

The Allens said...

I love your new place! You guys will absolutely love all the space, especially after the new baby comes. I'm glad you're done with the move, it really ends up being more of a job than you think it will be. Sophie looks cute as always, and I'm glad your family is okay. I'm sure that was kind of scary for a while.

Tracy Giles said...

We loved living there, in fact I think you guys are in our old building. It's a great apartment!!! I'm so impressed with how fast you unpacked. We are so sorry to hear about your siblings in Houston. I can't believe they still don't have power or hot water. That would be awful! Hopefully things will get better soon. What a terrible situation to be in. They are all in our prayers.

Andrea said...

The new apartment looks great! I'm totally jealous of your fireplace :)

jaredelizabeth said...

I love the new apartment pictures. It looks so roomy and nice! I'm you're all done....moving stinks!