Sophie has actually been going to nursery for 1 month now, but it is definitely worth mentioning! Dan and I pretty much taught nursery our first 3 years of marriage, with the exception of a CTR 5 class for about 6 months. I always enjoyed teaching nursery. Dan, on the other hand had to "get used to" it. But I didn't realize what a big help it is to parents!! Those last 3 months waiting for Sophie to be old enough went SO SLOWLY. I felt like I didn't get anything out of church, I felt more like I was trying to contain a fire. Now that she can go learn, play and snack in the nursery I can listen to Sunday School and attend Young Womens (that's my current calling). It is just heavenly. I would never bring Sophie in because the girls would listen even less (if that's possible) to the lesson. And on weeks where Dan and I were both teaching at the same time (he's in the Elder's Quorum presidency) we had to ask a friend to chase her around the halls for us. What a relief! I'm so glad we have a nursery.
The icing on the cake is that SOPHIE LOVES IT!! We get near the nursery room and Sophie starts smiling once we get close she is fighting to run in the door. Over the gate she goes and she literally runs to the toys without looking back. When we come to pick her up, I have to chase her around the room to grab her. She often cries when we take her home. In short NURSERY ROCKS, and her teachers deserve a cookie... or whatever else they want.
Monday, September 29, 2008
nursery ROCKS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
I know EXACTLY what you mean! Church is a whole different experience when you have nursery! Brinklee is the same way. From day one she never looked back. AhHHH!!! Thank goodness for these social little butterflies!
That's so great that she loves Nursery. I bet that makes it so much easier for both of you. She sure looks cute with her crown on!
I was wondering if she was in there yet. That's great she loves it so much. I wish more of my nursery kids were like that!
As an old nursery leader for about 10 years; Sophie is the kind of kid that is soo fun to have in the nursery!
I totally agree, Nursery Rocks!!! Lily looks forward to church every Sunday because she has such a blast. I don't know what is going to happen when she moves up to Primary in January. I have a feeling she's not going to like it as much.
I know exaxtly how you feel!! Putting out a fire! LOL I team teach the sunbeams (there are 6 of them) and when I bring Delia in she is definately a distraction and she won't sit still for a second! I hat to say it but I am starting to dread going to church because of how hard Delia is right now. People keep asking me "so when does she go to nursury?" um Feb. of next year!!! "Oh!, I'm sorry!" Yeah, me too ;) It's even harder becuase we have church at 1 pm and that is when she goes down for her nap. I just keeo trying to hold out at least until next year when our time changes to 9 am. I'm so glad sophie loves nursury! I have a feeling Delia will like it too. She always seems to be a better kid when she is around other people (of course with the attention on her)congrats! That's a big step.
Post a Comment