I celebrated living a quarter of a century yesterday. I'm so glad to be alive, and celebrating another birthday! I feel like I appreciate life more and more the older I get. It just keeps getting better!! I think that is credit to my wonderful husband and daughter. I am so grateful to all my friends and family who called and/or sent cards on my birthday, I feel so loved. Thanks guys! I am seriously so blessed (reference to the blog making fun of blogs like mine intended) to live where I live, have the friends and family I have, and to enjoy the time I have here. Below you will find a somewhat boring account (due to the level of detail contained) of what took place on my 25th birthday.
It started out right in the morning when Dan let me sleep in until 8 while he took care of Sophie. Always a luxury. When I did get up I found Dan and Sophie busy in the kitchen making me breakfast. (awwwww!!) So sweet, right? I think so. Dan had to go to a training at school for the law journal and left to go catch the bus as I was getting ready to vacuum. He left and came back a couple minutes later and said that he'd catch the next bus, so I could get in the shower while he vacuumed and put Sophie down for her nap. Yeah!! I thought it was pretty sweet. After her nap, Sophie wanted a turn with the mop. She "helped" me mop the floors and then (w/o the wet part) she enjoyed mopping our carpet for a good 30 min or so.

In the afternoon (Dan's training was done early, hurray!) we went up to the outlet malls in Colorado Mills. Oh my goodness, I think I'm in LOVE!! I can't believe we've lived here a year and I didn't know about them. It's an outlet mall, so everything is cheaper and they have stores I hadn't ever seen as outlets before. Plus it was an indoor mall, so weather isn't a factor (so nice). Needless to say, I WILL BE BACK!
That evening Dan prepared my favorite dinner of salmon, rice, and veggies. Isn't he cute in my apron? Our wonderful friends Kim and Jake came over and watched Sophie so Dan and I could go see a movie. I wanted to see Mama Mia! again, it was really fun. Dan was a good sport.

Sunday, September 7, 2008
Jessica's 25!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









10 comments:
I'm glad that your husband spoiled you! Way to go Dan! I love the pictures of Sophie slaving away on the floors. I'm glad that you were born 25 years ago! You have been a blessing ever since!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) Looks like you had fun! Sounds like your husband is very sweet...I'm glad you had a good day.
Happy BDay Jessica! Looks like you had a fun filled day. I love Mamma Mia too! Have you seen it on broadway? I saw it in Vegas and it was awesome!
Happy Birthday, Jess!! It sounds like Dan did a great job celebrating your day! I think you picked a good one :)
Way to go Dan! That's very sweet. It's always the little things that make the biggest difference. I hope you enjoy the year to come. You look so pretty!
Happy Birthday you amazing woman! It looks like you had a blast. Thanks to good hubby's and kiddos that make our lifes so so so so so good. Love you babe! Happy Happy Birthday!
Happy Belated Birthday. I have to admit I haven't voted in the past either I agree with you. The world is getting worse and better at the same time. Glad you had a good Birthday. We love Tot-swap we usually do our own thing but you can go out together if you want. I highly recommend it.
Happy Birthday!
Hey Jessica,
We didn't know it was your birthday- sorry we missed it, but Happy Birthday anyway. We hope you have a great year of being 25!
-Stacie and Dan
Happy Late birthday!!!
I turned 25 earlier this year too and I feel so old and so young at the same time!!!
I am getting grey hair, which makes me feel old!!!!
But I have so much energy which makes me feel young!!!
I could go on and on but I wont. The funny thing is that when people ask me how old I am I always start to say 22. STILL!!!!
You look gorgeous by the way!!
You are such a cute mommy!
If I looked as good as you do pregnant I might have more children! ;-)
Post a Comment