Monday, September 15, 2008

here we go again...

We got the keys to our new apartment today and started moving over the little stuff. (We will wait to move the big stuff when we have help from friends tomorrow... we're not stupid!) I just realized that this will be our 6th place we have lived since we were married 4 years ago! I think I'm a little out of control... Dan would be happy to live just about anywhere but I always talk him into moving. I can honestly say that this time I would have rather stayed where I'm at. And if Sophie wasn't in danger of loosing her life (or being seriously injured) on our stairs, we wouldn't be moving. I'm sad to leave our current apartment complex, it is wonderful. Our new one is nice too, just not quite as nice... Anyway, I'll be glad when it's over. And I am very much looking forward to having a 3rd bedroom as well as a bigger living room! We will miss having our current neighbors so close but look forward to living by some of our other friends and hopefully making some new ones too.

In other news, my sister Jenny, her husband James, my brother Jason, and his wife Nicole all live in Houston and are still without power due to hurricane Ike. But I am very happy to report that they are safe, maybe not very comfortable without hot water (or good water pressure) or A/C (it's still in the 90's in Houston this time of year) but SAFE. Take care guys, we'll keep praying for you!

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I'm excited to see pictures of the new place! I especially want to see Sophie running wild in the bigger living room!

Ann said...

I understand moving a ton. We've moved 5 times and only married 4 1/2 years. I now hate moving but I know it's still in my future. You'll like having the extra room... until the baby comes. :)Good luck with the move, I can't wait to see your new place.

Nicole said...

Sounds like fun. Hopefully you can settle quickly and not have to move for a while. We look forward to some pictures of the new place!

Kolbi Young said...

I can completely empathize. We have moved nearly as many times an you! When we moved to Spokane, we didn't know what area we liked or if we should just rent or buy....so we rented in the ghetto for 3 months and were out of there as soon as we could get out! It is hard moving somewhere far away and knowing where to live. I'm sure this place will give you peace of mind, and that is what counts, right!?!

Cieslak Family said...

We hate to move too! We hope you like your new place though. Hopefully your next move will be some where close to us :) How is Dan doing with school? I can't believe how fast our girls are growing up, Sophie looks older every time I see a picture of her, and she just keeps on getting cuter (if that's possible).

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Good luck on the move! I think I would be the same way if I was renting. You would have no real obligations since you don't own it and would be fun to have a change. Though, moving is hard! Brady and I have moved almost every year of our married life. Oh! The joys of moving! j/k