I'm afraid I painted a pretty gruesome picture in my last post and didn't include all the facts. I am really sorry if I worried any of you guys... if, ha ha I KNOW that I worried a number of you because my phone has been ringing ever since I posted that. Let me explain, we don't have our food stamp money yet, but we do have some money (I just got paid last Friday). We just don't want to use it for food when we are expecting our food stamps any day (that would be silly). I'd like you all to know that I just got back from the grocery store and we have enough food for a few days. I really just wanted to vent and complain because I didn't feel like I was being treated well by the county office. Thank you so much for listening to me and all of your love and support!! Your comments and voice messages (I've been too chicken to answer the phone) have moved me to tears (hence, the reason why I've been to chicken to answer) I feel so loved! I knew that we were very loved I just didn't think about what kind of reaction I would get from posting all my thoughts on this subject. I apologize for being selfish and getting so many of you worked up. Thanks again for the love.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
What I really want to do is to call the mean lady you have to deal with and tell her what I think. I'm pretty sure it would just make things worse though,so I won't.
Some day we will NEVER have to eat RAMEN if we don't want to...I REALLY look forward to that day! I'm sorry you are going through this. I have thought so many times that it would be better for our family if I went to work...make things a little easier but I just don't want to miss out on anything and I know Ava would be happier if I stayed home with her. I hope you get your food stamp money SOON!!!
Oh Jessica, I TOTALLY understand! I hate dealing with the stupid programs and jumping through their hoops. Not to gloat, but we have the opposite problem. For some reason they think my entire family is a bunch of 300 pound people who eat steak and lobster every day. (We have way more than enough food stamps!) I hate being on these programs as well, but at the same time I do agree that it is for people like us who are using it to better ourselves. That being said, have you looked into the WIC program (Women, Infant, Children)? It is for pregnant women and children (duh) but it provides the essentials like: milk, cheese, eggs, peanut butter, cereal, juce. And formula for infants. I was on it when I was pregnant and both of my children are currently on it. Hope you are doing well. Stick in there, we only have 2 more years. Have fun in Utah and go to Cafe Rio for me!
I'm sorry for all your struggles....I don't know the answers, but it is good to get it off your chest. One thing you could do, is call and speak to your case worker's manager (at least the person who threatened to delay payment, as that is completely wrong). I read the following quote on someone else's blog....which I felt applied to me. I don't mean to minimize your situation, but hope that this can give you some comfort. Take care!
" It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." President Hinckley Oct. 2000
I'm packing for Utah tonight, but just had to check your blog b/c it's been over a week. Let's spend some time chatting at one of the wedding events, shall we? This is a topic always on my mind. I can tell you that Min and I really felt that me working was the answer to our prayers and the story of how I found my job was proof, to us at least, that God's hand was directing us. But you know as well as I do that there's no cookie-cutter mould for following God's plan for your family. That's why it's called "personal" revelation, right? I think no matter our financial circumstances, Ramen will be a staple in our food storage. Crack an egg, add a little kimchee, yum, yum! But don't you dare let that fetus live on ramen alone! I LOVE YOU!
Mary
It's been a while since I have been blogging, so I'm sorry I'm a little late in reading these. I'm glad you guys are ok, I know what if feels like in a way, but then we have our parents right here- and we go into their cupboards all of the time. I'm sure your parents feel the same way as I do- we don't want you to go hungry (especially not your little ones) so if you ever need anything please let us know how we can help you- I mean that!
Post a Comment