My sister Joni has a 3 hour break from noon to 3 a few days a week and works near Thanksgiving Point so we met her there for a yummy lunch (thanks bones!) and fun afternoon. We went inside a really cute store called the Emporium that has really good taste. Everything inside was WAY out of my price range but it was fun to look at all the cute furniture, home decor, purses, baby stuff, and jewelry. I am nervous to go in stores like that with Sophie most of the time but with my mom and Joni there, it was no big deal. They also had a cute little green house connected to the back. We noticed on our way into the store that it was $2 Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point so admission to all of their attractions was only $2. We hadn't expected that... when we got over by the petting zoo there was a LONG line because of the discount. We had full tummies and plenty of time so we waited it out and Sophie enjoyed seeing all the animals. Their zoo was different from the one we were at the day before in that we just pet their animals through the fences but they had a larger variety. Sophie liked the animals best who made noise, we got some sheep to baa, chickens to cluck, and cows to moo. But her favorite part was the fake cow inside the barn she could sit on. It was great to spend time with Joni and Grandma, we love them both very much and know that they love us too. :)
That afternoon my mom took Dan, Sophie and I to the city pool. It was built since I moved out so I hadn't ever been. It is much nicer than the pool we used to go to! They have a cute kiddie area with fountains, a water gun, and Sophie's personal favorite... you guessed it, the alligator water slide. Or is it a crocodile? I don't know how to tell the difference, you're more than welcome to correct me if I'm wrong. Sophie didn't disappoint, she had NO FEAR and did it all by herself. We tried out Sophie's nerd suit, (that's what I call it) but it's just a swimming suit with built in flotation. Anyway, we tried it out in the lazy river which was really fun. She can float by herself in it. Sophie had so much fun and wasn't ready to leave when we had to go. She screamed for about 30 min after we left, she refused to be consoled or distracted... that was a first. I was worried that the people watching us leave thought we were kidnapping her, so I kept referring to myself as "mommy." And explaining to people (none of whom asked me) that, "she just doesn't want to leave!" Thanks mom, it was so much fun!!
We had to leave the pool quickly because Dan and I had a date! (Can I get a woot woot?!?!) We decided to take full advantage of our plethora of free babysitters and celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary a few days early (it was actually on the 17th). After leaving Sophie in my mother's capable hands (thanks Mom!) we went over to The Pie Pizzeria for dinner. The Pie is Dan's favorite pizza and probably his favorite restaurant too. It's only found in Utah and we miss it quite a bit in Colorado. This probably seems like a small thing, but it meant a lot to me when we had to choose between my favorite pie (BBQ chicken) and Dan's (pepperoni) because they couldn't do it half and half since they have different sauces... well, Dan insisted we get mine, awwww! What a sweetie. I know it was a big sacrifice, that's why it meant so much. (Before you start feeling too bad for Dan; you should know that Dan called his mom the next afternoon and asked her to bring him 2 slices of pepperoni from the Pie... and she did!)
After dinner we went and saw The Dark Knight, I think it nearly killed Dan to wait until we got to Utah to see it. He was so excited. We both liked the movie, although it's more of Dan's kind of movie than mine. It's pretty dark, but well done. It made me so sad watching it, knowing that Heath Ledger is gone now. He did an amazing job in this movie. Anyway, it was so great to be able to go out just the two of us, I can't remember the last time we've done that! I brought my camera but didn't take any pictures that night (weird, I know). Here's some pictures from our first 4 years of marriage. (We didn't own a camera our 1st year of marriage so... no pictures from 2004.) I love you Dan, thanks for being such a great husband and father.













3 comments:
What a cute couple! I'll have to send you some of the pictures I have from your wedding! Is the big picture from your cruise? I like all of your pictures except for the one of me in my suit.
Happy anniversary (1 1/2 weeks ago) ! I enjoyed looking at those pictures.
Happy late Anniversary! You are a very cute couple! I'm glad you were able to get away for a bit together. I better take advantage of alone time with Aaron now, because when the cute kids come...it's history : )
Post a Comment