Tuesday, August 19, 2008

smart girl

I am taking this opportunity to brag about my daughter. She is 18 months old today, she's known her letters for a couple weeks now but it seemed like a good day to get it on video. Sophie knows all of her upper-case letters (with the exception of 'W'... don't know why she can't say that one) and all of the their signs in ASL. She loves to show off what she knows, it's just the sitting still part that's so hard! You'll want to turn off the music at the bottom and turn up the volume for the first part, she's pretty quiet.

Way to go babe, we are so proud of you!!!

12 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Great video! I have to admit that I got more of a kick out of her putting the letters back and wiggling away than saying the letters. Of course I just heard her say them in person last week! I love the flower in her hair! Do you have Meg's cold? You sound just like her!

Ali said...

W was the last letter Eliza learned too! If you're interested in teaching her phonics, I recommend buying the DVD, "The Letter Factory" at Target. It's $9.00 by Leap and Learn. Eliza had (still has) a fascination with the alphabet, so I thought "why not" try and teach her phonics and she picked it up quick, quick, quick!

Also! I cant even believe we were married the same day, same place. What a small world. I was laughing in disbelief at the coincidence. What time were you two married that day? I believe we were there at 10:40.

Howard and Melissa said...

That was INCREDIBLE! I don't think I learned my letters until I was about 4--my kids were smarter than I was, and Sophie is a GENIUS (plus she even knows the ASL) WOW!

Cami said...

I love seeing videos of Sophie. Her hair is getting so long. And that's amazing that she knows so many letters. Shows what good parents she has :)

Nicole said...

I can't believe how smart she is! You've done a great job teaching her! Too bad we're not around to see it in person. Next time we see you guys it, she'll be saying full sentences!(and hopefully the next one will be here too)

Megan said...

WOW! That is so great and that you got it on video too. She is so cute. Good job singing. You will treasure that forever. I think girls pick up quicker.

Kolbi Young said...

I am impressed!!! What a smart girl she is, although she does have some very smart genes in the fam ;) It is even better that you are able to capture this on film, as I'm sure you will treasure it forever!!!

netcampbell said...

I know it's a lot of work to teach her that. You have done a great job and she sure is a smart little one.

Anonymous said...

Sophie is so ADORABLE! And SO SMART!!!
Way to go Sophie!!!!!!!!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

That is so cute! I love how smart these little ones can be. It makes you so proud!

The Allens said...

Wow, I am impressed! Sophie's such a smart girl...and you are such a great mom!

Cieslak Family said...

Sophie is such a smartie! I've never seen anyone so young be able to do that. There were some kids in my Kindergarten class who didn't even know their letters yet- she sure has a jump ahead of the game!