Our lease is up the end of August for our current apartment. I love our current apartment complex it is really nice and clean and our neighbors are all nice (on the rare occasions I even see them, we can't hear a thing inside). Our apartment itself has one major problem that I've mentioned previously (which I still have not fixed), we have stairs inside our apartment that share a half-wall with our living room. Our couch backs up to that half wall and I am concerned that Sophie may decide to climb the couch, go up and over the wall and fall the 15+ feet and break her neck! Here are our options:
1. Stay here and figure out a way to make the half wall safe for Sophie.
2. Stay in the same complex but move into a new apartment w/o the said problem. (Note: they have newly renovated all the apartments that people aren't living in with new carpet, fancy paint, crown molding, new cabinets, new light fixtures, new sinks, new linoleum, and ipod docks.)
3. Move to the complex next door where several of our friends from the ward live. They aren't as nice as ours but we could get a 3 bedroom for the same price (and same square footage) we pay for our 2 bedroom now.
It's a hard decision for us to make because we really don't want to move... it's such a huge PAIN!! It would be so nice to have 3 bedrooms with the new baby on the way. But I am a pretty big wuss when it comes to where I live and would be sad to leave our complex. Also, we just had a new young family move into our building that we have been hanging out with I would be sad to leave them as well. It would be great to live by some of our other friends though... so that's not a big deal I guess. Anyway, I guess I should be grateful that we have options but I still HATE making decisions. What would you do? And let me know if you have had 2 kids share a room, is it that bad? Would it be worth it to go to a place that's not as nice just so we can separate the two? Think about it while you watch this video of Sophie's animal sounds.
By the way, Dan is holding a piece of paper with all the animals written on it because the first time we tried to video tape her we couldn't think of very many animals on the spot... so I made a list. :)









14 comments:
What a smart little girl. We went to Jack's homecoming today. I can't believe it's been 2 years already. My input is to move to the 3 bedrooms. Another bedroom is ALWAYS better.
I love Dan's...I mean Sophies animal sounds! She is so darn cute! As for the apartment thing...I am sorry you have to make that decision. Change can be so hard!
I would either move to the lower level apt & stay in the complex you love, or move to the 3 bdrm apt. Adding another baby adds more "stuff". I have found that more space for the same price is never a bad idea. Good luck!! Oh, and it would be worse to "wish" you had moved after you signed on for another year!
I'm so proud of Daniel, he knows all of his animal sounds. Watch out law school here he comes!
I hate making decisions, and moving. I say for the same price you might as well move now while there's only 3 of you, then have to move later when there's more. It's up to you...
My vote probably shouldn't count because I'm biased, but o-well. If I had to tell the truth, I hate moving and I would probably be to lazy to move, but on the other hand I am way cheap too, so I probably wouldn't live in nearly as nice a place as you do....come move to the getto with us!
As far as space and kids go, you can make anything work. You can keep the baby in a bassinet or crib in your room till Sophie gets older, or just keep them in the same room and Sophie will just have to adjust, but I can also see why the 3rd bedroom is tempting! Good luck.
So cute. I would have to move to the 3 bedroom apartment with more friends. I feel it's tight in our 2 bedroom apartment with 2 kids. And I feel that Porter's toys are only getting bigger and taking up more space. Also it will be easier to move now and not have to find out later that you would like 3 bedrooms. It may not be as nice as your apartment now. But I'm sure you can make it feel that way with your stuff in there! (Wow, sorry long comment :P!)
Would it cost more to stay in the same place? How long would your lease have to be for? Cause if its only 6 months I'd try to stay in the newly renovated apartments and if it didn't look like it was going to work you can move right before the babies born when mom and dad are there to do all the work...
Wow...I don't know. I hate making decisions too. I don't think having two kids in one room is too bad, except naps can be kind of tricky. Our kids are still sharing a room and they do just fine. However, having an extra bedroom is so nice. I didn't realize how nice it would be until we moved to Idaho and have one. So, I'm sorry that I've been no help. I'm so bad at making decisions that i can't even tell you which one I would do! Good luck!
I'm pretty sure I would be stumped on some of those questions. Smart Girl.
I loved this video!!! Sophie is so girly with her squeals and movements. What a doll!
As for the apartment....I would vote for either two or three.....I hate moving....but it seems that whenever we have moved, it has made life even better.
Alright, coming from OVERLY protective mother to the point that I drive my husband INSANE, I would move! It just seems too risky with that big of a fall. Although I have boys, and they seem to ALWAYS be hurting them selves and are the biggest dare-devils! Also, my boys shared a room while Heston's cousin was living with us and I actually preferred it. Heston didn't because both of the boys seemed to get less sleep because they woke each other up in the morning, but I really didn't think it was bad. I liked it.
Oh, and by the way, Sophie is an absolute doll!!! Sweet, Beautiful and Brilliant!!!! That girl has it all!
Since you hate making decisions I'll make this one for you. Disregard any other comments because the all-knowing Mary trumps them all. Move into the bigger place. It will save Sophie's life AND you'll have a guest room so I can visit:)
BTW, Sophie is much smarter than the mute Charlotte. They need to spend some time together so her brains rub off on her cousin.
First of all...I LOVE Sophie's pony tail! So cute! About the apartment...if you think you could make it work, I would stay there! Moving is such a pain! But if you don't think so...I would probably just go to the 3 bedroom apartment. It would be just as much work to move into that one as it would be to move into the same complex. We moved from a 3 bedroom into a 2 bedroom in the same complex and I thought it would be SO easy! I wish SO badly now that we would have found a different complex (I hate ours) but I thought it would just be easier to move to our same complex. It wasn't! Anyway...good luck!!
Post a Comment