Wednesday, June 18, 2008

one pony-tail = big girl

***Warning: This post is pretty sappy/mushy and I apologize in advance for any cookies that may be tossed in response to my seemingly "corniness," but I mean every word.***

I was surprised the other day when Sophie's hair was long enough to go back into a pony-tail. I've been doing piggy-tails (I just realized how odd it is we named our hair-do's after farm animals... weird, oh and don't forget fish-tails too) in her hair for awhile but those were a stretch and I thought those made her look older. Well check out the pony-tail!! Now she's all grown up! It's just crazy to me how fast she continues to grow. She's not going to be the baby for much longer and it makes me a little sad.

It never ceases to amaze me how much I love this little princess, it's one of those things you can't ever imagine before it happens. I always knew that I would love my children but I didn't know I had the ability to love someone this much! Probably because I hadn't ever loved that much before. Yes, I loved my parents and my siblings very much growing up but it isn't a match for how much I love Sophie. It makes me wonder two things: 1) Why do I love her more?, 2) How will I love another child as much? The answer to number one I am not sure about; I think it's either all the sacrifices I've made for her, or all the time we spend together. As for my question number two I am BAFFLED honestly it blows my mind! I suppose that my capacity to love with grow and I will find a way, again, it's really hard to imagine. I feel a need to express my love for my husband as well, all this talk about love it didn't seem right to finish this post without mentioning Dan. I don't think I knew when I got married how good it could get, it's the same concept, I had no idea how much love we could grow together. I love you honey!!

Sorry to be so mushy or whatever you want to call it, but I started to write about pony-tails and it just spilled out. Since I use this as a sort of journal I think it's good to record these kind of thoughts, thanks for understanding. :)

10 comments:

Nichole said...

I ask myself the same things everyday!! I'm so happy that we have the ability to love our children the way we do. BTW - Sophie looks so darn cute with a pony tail!!

Leslie & Matt said...

She is ADORABLE!! You always take such great photos of her-what camera do you use?

Ann said...

Gees, so sappy. You must be pregnant or something. :)

Anonymous said...

It is so true!!! I was just talking to a friend today about how powerful the love for your children is. I always thought that I loved certain people just as much as I could love anyone and when I heard people talk about how much they loved their kids I thought I knew what they meant.
After having my own children I realize what they meant. I now agree with what I heard so many people say, that you don't fully understand that feeling until you have children. It's amazing. I love my boys more than I ever knew was possible! Isn't it an awesome feeling!!!!

mommaquincy said...

Just wait until you have a grandchild! I love all of my children, but when you get as old as I am, children just are more precious than ever, especially Sophie!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Just wait, it gets even better. It may not make sense but, my love for Porter has grown even MORE since I have had Ellery. And it is awesome to have that same immidiate love for 2 kids!! It is sad though that Porter is no longer the baby, it seems that having another one does seem to force them to be older quicker :(

cami said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I love the one in the middle - such personality! I wish we could be closer to you guys so we could see you more. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

cami said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I love the one in the middle - such personality! I wish we could be closer to you guys so we could see you more. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.

Anonymous said...

You forgot rat tail and duck tail. But mostly rat tail.
And she is cute, but I'm pretty sure you love me just as much.

Min and Mary said...

Don't tell Charlotte, but I think I love Freddie even more:) Of course, if she were still a snoozing infant that never cried...