I was called to be the Primary president in our ward last November, and in January the Bishop asked me if the Primary would be in charge of the Daddy Daughter Ball. I was so scared! We missed the ball last year, it was right after we had moved in. But I had heard rumors about how it was this AMAZING event was nicer than many people’s wedding receptions, and how the girls just live for it! Of course I said we would do it, but I told him how intimidated I was. :) Fortunately, someone who had helped put it together last year said she would help me.
Now, we didn’t decorate it to the same level it had been in years past, but I think we did a pretty good job, and once the lights were down the the DJ was thumping the music the cultural hall had completely transformed! In the past it had been a fundraiser and people bought tickets to attend, but this year it was a free activity, so I hoped that no one would expect too much.
These girls were in H-E-A-V-E-N! Seriously. I don’t think they cared it wasn’t quite as fancy.
I also ran the photo booth which was a lot of fun (see the top picture). It was definitely a night to remember! I must admit I got teary eyed watching these dads hold their little girls up in their arms for a slow dance, they put their heads on their dads’ shoulder and I was done for, weeping up a storm! It was just the sweetest thing.
Now I have a big pile of pink and black decorations in my basement. :) Guess we’re ready for next year!









3 comments:
It looks like it was pretty fancy to me! And of course your girls and their dad look very nice!
Looks so much fun! Great job Jessica!!
Wow that looks amazing! The candy table is so cute.
Post a Comment