Well, not really a new zoo… but new to us! We’ve been to the Denver zoo, many many times, we’ve had memberships there a couple of years. But over Sophie’s spring break I wanted to do something new! So we drove to Colorado Springs to check out their zoo. Big bonus that Cami came too and brought her girls!
Something really cool about this zoo was that you could feed the giraffes! Maybe I’m the only one, but I’d never been this close to a giraffe before! It was so cool!! They really are very unusual looking animals, if you think about it. We bought some over-priced romaine lettuce and joined in too!
Well, at least some of us did… Tessa is not so much of an animal lover, not up close anyway. She was scared for Sophie’s life the entire time and cried for her to stop until she gave up and hid. Of course I laughed at her! Just kidding, I just look like I’m laughing in this picture, more of a horse face really. He he he…
The giraffes were the highlight of the trip for me, but if Dan’s with me next time I’d dare do the sky ride with the girls. They even have a petting zoo, a train, and the sky ride! Pretty cool huh? Oh and it’s up on the side of a mountain, which makes for some beautiful scenery and views, but it is a hilly walk. ;)
Did I mention their cousin Lily came too? This zoo is halfway between both of our houses so we got to meet Cami and her girls there! That made it an extra special treat.
Here are the kids (so nice of them to line up by height huh? my great grandpa Bay would be so proud!) looking at the meerkats. Jacob especially like the meerkats, he called them “cute mouses!” he laughed at their quick movements.
Sophie likes statues…
They also had a neat play area for the kids. I love how social Sophie is, she never has been shy and she hasn’t changed now that she’s older, sometimes she’ll ask me first, she’ll say something like “Mom could that boy/girl be my friend do you think?” I tell her absolutely! Go ask them if they want to play. And she doesn’t hesitate in the least, she goes right up and tells people her name and asks them to play a game with her. Sophie’s our social butterfly.
Tess had been asking to go down the slide for about 45 min (when we passed it the first time) before we finally stopped to play.
Sophie and Tessa acting like monkeys in the monkey house! Tessa especially likes to climb and is such a strong little thing, she is regularly impressing us with her athleticism.
We made our way over to the train, I think Jacob was the most excited about it, he’s boy alright and therefore loves trains!
It was a fun day, and I’m sure we’ll be back to “the new zoo” again!
I also wanted to tack on a few random photos to finish off March:
This group of women I had the pleasure of working out with every Thursday morning for the last year (or so??). Chelsea (in the middle with the pink pants) was kind enough to choreograph dances and lead us in Zumba work outs in the church while we let our kids run around the gym, play with nursery toys, and/or watch a movie. It was a lot of fun and I miss it! I’ve NEVER been a dancer, like NEVER, I am a wall flower at dances and have been since my first dance in middle school so it was out of my comfort zone but, as I said, I ended up really enjoying it! There is something therapeutic and really enjoyable about dancing, I guess that’s why people have danced to celebrate for centuries. From L to R: Me, Lindsay, Liz, Natalie, Amy, Chelsea, Amanda, Rachel, and Debbie. The other photo below is one of Dan’s favorite things, though it’s not a newly acquired taste. ;) He loves playing Halo, especially with his brothers.
Silly Jacob… he loves to play in the toilet! So gross. We try to keep the bathroom doors closed, but every once in awhile I find a toy in there. He also really enjoys using the rolling pin to roll out dough, this particular night we were making individual pizzas for dinner. I think he could keep rolling forever if I let him.










1 comment:
No Jacob! Not the toliet! The zoo looks fun, but everything looks fun with your fun kids around!
Post a Comment