Thursday, November 1, 2012

August stuff: splash pad, painting, surprise party, picnics, and sunsets

We went to a cool park that has a splash pad one day.

08 01 12_jacob in stroller 08 01 12_soph ropes course08 01 12_tess ropes course 2 08 01 12_tree house

08 01 12_tess big slide 08 01 12_tess climbing

Here’s a couple random pics of the girls playing.

08 02 12_soph headband gloves08 02 12_tess summersalt 08 02 12_tess tink

In August we repainted the entry, the first color we tried (SW Crushed Ice) turned out too blue in there.  After doing LOTS of reading and staring at a couple dozen paint chips I collected from all over that I had taped up on the wall for weeks, I settled on 2 colors to sample.  The darker color is BM Revere Pewter and the lighter is Valspar Oatlands Subtle Taupe.

08 04 12_paint swatches 4 08 04 12_paint swatches

I really liked both of them and could have gone either way (I changed my mind every other day looking at the swatches, which I painted EVERYWHERE) but we ended up going with the lighter one on the left of the door, Oatlands Subtle Taupe.  The Revere Pewter was a little bit too brown for what I was going for and was too close to the color of the carpet on the stairs.

08 08 12_large paint swatches

In August, we also hosted a surprise birthday party for our friend Jake. Kim’s so on top of things, I should have been doing this for Dan!  When he first saw all of us in the front room he looked a little… mad.  I don’t remember thinking he was mad, but that’s definitely how he looks in these pictures!

08 05 12_jake suprised 3 08 05 12_jake suprised 6

There, now he looks happy!

08 05 12_jake suprised 4 08 05 12_jake suprised happy now

That’s all of the photos I got for some reason, I think I got too busy being a hostess, it was really fun to have our house full of friends!

08 08 12_tess soph picnic 2

Over the summer the girls really liked to have picnics out back on pleasant evenings.  Check out that grass, btw!  It came in nice eh?  We’re pretty happy about it.

08 08 12_tess soph picnic

We enjoy lots of sunsets looking out the back of our house, one day while looking at the sunset I commented that we live in a beautiful place.  Now Sophie says, “Mom, we live in such a beautiful place!” every time she sees a sunset in her sweetest sarcastic voice.  Children are a perfect mirror aren’t they?  Mine copy everything I do and say.  For better or worse!

08 08 12_sunset

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

That sunset looks like it has fire smoke in it. They make such pretty ones! I'm sure it was a fun party. And I love the wall color you chose. It looks great!

Kristen said...

great color choices, i think the lighter one will be awesome