Saturday, September 22, 2012

May 2012–hiking, young athletes and my lil’ couch potato

05 04 12_soph tess ready to go smile 05 04 12_soph tess ready to go silly

We went on a little hike with some friends on a nice summer day.  The girls were ready to go before I was, of course.  It takes me forever to get out the door these days, especially for an outing like this that we don’t do very often. They even offered to drive. :)

05 04 12_tess jake soph ready to hike 05 04 12_tess jello face

We had a pot luck lunch before the “hike” (it was short little jaunt, but lots of fun!).  In an effort to clear her bowl before packing it, Susan offered the kids one of the remaining jello jigglers.  When offered some more jello, Tessa nodded and took the whole bowl!!  Funny girl, ate all of the rest of the jello… I don’t think it made her sick, but she doesn’t look good in the picture below.  Poor Sophie, her shirt’s too short and her shorts to long.  What a crack up.

05 04 12_tess jello sick 05 04 12_tess paul sophie 2

We took a short hike to a river where we let the kids swim in the water.  They had a great time!  I didn’t get any pictures on the hike, between the water (NONE of my kids can swim… remember, I have 3!), the baby, and Tessa’s potty needs (there was no potty… and MAN did she need one!) my hands were full.  It was a fun day.  I did have a scare though, I lost my wedding ring… we had to drive all the way back out there that night, racing the darkness to search the parking lot for my ring.  As I was scanning the asphalt, I patted down my pockets for the umpteenth time and… found my ring in a deep recess interior pocket on my crazy shorts.  ARRRGH!  At least it wasn’t lost.

Sophie’s preschool did the Special Olympics’ Young Athletes program throughout the school year and had a field day to show us what they’d learned.

05 10 12_young athletes class photo 3

Obstacle course, isn’t she cute?!  She wanted to wear her “Tucker the Turtle” problem solving hat she made at school earlier that week.  The course ended in a bean bag toss.

05 10 12_young athletes sophie jumps w arrowjpg 05 10 12_young athletes sophie bean bag toss w arrow

I didn’t see any kids successfully hit a bean bag with their racquet after throwing it, but they sure tried!

05 10 12_young athletes soph jumping 05 10 12_young athletes soph bad mitten 4

The 2nd picture needs explaining, they did a getting dressed relay, with a hat, coat and gloves.

05 10 12_young athletes soph soccer 2 05 10 12_young athletes soph dressing relay

Sophie and I always exchange thumbs up when she’s performing in something and she sees me.  Oh how I love this girl!!

05 10 12_young athletes soph thumbs up 05 10 12_young athletes soph popsicle

It was a gorgeous day.

05 10 12_young athletes jacob smile 05 10 12_young athletes tess swinging

Look how proud she is, I love it!

05 10 12_young athletes soph and ms terri 05 10 12_young athletes soph w certificate

05 10 12_young athletes cool down 2 05 10 12_young athletes sophie w words

On they other end of the spectrum we have Jacob being lazy in the corner of the sectional.  He set himself up like this, I walked in the room and saw him, laughed out loud and ran and got the camera.  Babies are so funny when they act like adults!  My funny little couch potato.

05 18 12_lazy jacob 05 18 12_lazy jacob looking up

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

I'm glad you found your ring and that Tessa can eat lots of jello! Congrats to Sophie on her athleticisim! Jacob has lots of Quincy in him to be able to slouch that well!