Thursday, June 21, 2012

once upon a december

Can you believe I'm just getting around to posting Christmas!  I'm 5 days away from being a half year late!!  Ridiculous.  We made the offer on our house over the phone at a Burger King on our way home for Christmas, found out it was accepted on Christmas Eve, mailed our earnest money that day and I guess we've been busy ever since. :)  Anyway, I still wanted to get these pictures up here with what little commentary I can provide with it being so long ago, I'm afraid I won't remember much.  I'm going to try and keep the pictures smaller than usual since there are so many, but you know you can always click to enlarge any you want to see better!

Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa Ellis'

I wish I knew how many years this party has been going... I think I've only missed 1 party (the year Tessa was born) and been to 27, assuming they've been going since I was born.  Mom do you know??

Erika, Jacob and Dean.  Jacob and Nancy.

12 24_ellis party erika dean jake  12 24_ellis party nancy jake

Me, Grandpa, and Jenny.  Jacob and Grandpa, I think Jacob's ears rival Grandpa's, and their noses are very similar!

12 24_ellis party jess grandpa jenny 12 24_ellis party jake grandpa ellis

Me, Dan, and Jacob.  Elliott, being funny.

12 24_ellis party jess dan jake 12 24_ellis party elliott laugh

Sydney.  Kristi and Meg.

 12 24_ellis party sydney  12 24_ellis party Kristi meg

Jason, Sydney and Nicole.  Sydney and Dean figuring out their necklaces.

12 24_ellis party jason syd nicole 12 24_ellis party syd dean new necklaces

Tessa loved getting horse rides on my cousin Tali's knee!  Jane, Jane, Jane, you are too pretty.

  12 24_ellis party tess tali 12 24_ellis party jane 2

Christmas Morning at the Chapman's 

We spent the night at the Chapman's on Christmas Eve and I wasn't prepared to do anything for the kids from Santa there, just planned to hurry over to my parent's where all of their presents were waiting.  But Nina is awesome and had stockings made up for all of us!  She's so good.

12 25_cmas morning family 

12 25_Cmas morning Tessa  12 25_cmas morning soph deer 

12 25_cmas morning nina 12 25_cmas morning dan glasses

Christmas morning at the Quincy's

Santa always brings us a movie, socks, and candy in our stockings, plus whatever else he's in the mood to throw in, at Grandma Quincy's house.

12 25_cmas quincys tess stocking 12 25_cmas quincys soph stocking

My mom watches Elliott a few days a week so they are all really close to her.  It's kind of like Jonathan's opportunity to finally be a big brother! :)  He's real cute with her and thinks she's the bee's knees.  Sophie's amazed that Santa took such good notes and got her the exact unicorn she asked for!

12 25_cmas quincys elliott jon 12 25_cmas quincys soph horse

This picture makes it look like Jacob is interested in his new toy, but he's really just looking at the light. :)  Check out this sweet shirt Nicole found for Dan!  Tessa opening her new baby stroller and car seat for her beloved baby Allie.

12 25_cmas quincys jacob dan 12 25_dan deadly ninja 12 25_cmas quincys tess present

 

Christmas afternoon (after church)

12 25_jane on the floor 2 12 25_jacob on the floor

Sydney and Dean live near each other in Houston and are such cute friends, they love each other.

12 25_syd and dean at the piano 12 25_dean and syd playing the piano

Joni brought a dog over!  My girls were ecstatic! ... well Sophie really was, Tessa was faking, she's scared of dogs.  Grandpa had to carry her out and they set on on top of the table where it was safe. :)

12 25_joni and buddy 12 25_sophie and buddy smile

Where's Sophie?!  Oh, on the side of the house throwing dirt clods at the wall, of course!  Silly girl, is so much like a boy sometimes.

12 25_soph throwing dirt clods 2 12 25_soph throwing dirt clods

Then back over the the Chapmans to get spoiled by the grandparents and see the cousins...  they got fleece blankets with a Disney character and their name on them, plus pj's  and stuffed animals that make noise and drink bottles!  And more stuff I am not thinking of I'm sure. :)

12 25_chapmans soph blanket 12 25_chapmans soph new tiger

Elise, with all her loot.  Dan holding the sleepies and watching some sporting even, no doubt.

12 25_chapmans elise's loot 12 25_chapmans soph dan jacob

Jaycee is big too!  Loopy Melody.

12 25_chapmans jaycee on the slide 12 25_chapmans melody grin

These pop up books came with flashlights that play music to go along with the story, so cool! 

12 25_nina reading to elise soph melody

 

That's all I have time for now, but I will finish December in the next post and then we can move into the new year! Ha ha, oh my, how embarrassing.

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Its Christmas again! Yeah!! The Christmas Eve Party has been going on since I was born. Back then it was just our family reading the Nativity story, then grandkids acting it out and back then we opened one specially marked gift from grandma, which was always new pajamas. So at least 56 years!

Muffy said...

Go Jessica! I still love reading your adventures no matter what.

Shelly said...

Where are you guys living now? Your house is beautiful! Hope you are doing well