So... catching up is hard and I still haven't even blogged Christmas! Yikes. Today, I'd rather show you what we're up to right now. I'm a rebel, I know. So here's what's goin' on with the Chapmans:
Sophie's almost done with preschool, she has learned and grown in a lot of ways throughout the year. Sophie's always been a super smarty-pants, but I think she's made the most progress socially, which is harder area to learn in my opinion... especially for us strong-willed type A personalities. :) Remember when Sophie punched the boy in the face because he didn't want to dance with her? Yeah, well now they are friends and play things they both enjoy at recess! I saw them the other day pretending the big foam blocks were guns and shooting each other, dying and then "waking up." I think that's progress. Sophie still has romantical thoughts about him though in secret. She told me this week that she had a dream about Nehemiah, that they were grown up, she was a princess and he was a prince, they were in a castle and danced together and lived happily ever after. I'm glad she isn't trying to force him into playing her way, she's playing his games instead (which I'm sure she likes just as much or more anyway) and learning to be a better friend. They have 4 different special education teachers that rotate in their class once a week, one of them is Ms. Jessica. She is a psychologist (?? I think, something like that) she works with them on talking about their feelings and what to do if you're sad, angry, etc. She dresses up as "Super Friend" and they got to make their own costumes and bring them home. Naturally, Sophie wore it non-stop for 2 days. I love how energetic she is about school and how excited she gets about it! Here she goes off to help a friend in need...
I included the picture where she wrote her name because I think it's funny how she wants there to be an "F" in it. She's getting really good at reading (read me a whole Amelia Bedillia book the other day!) and knows that it sounds like it should have an F at the end, so sometimes she just adds it in, she already doesn't believe me when I tell her things, oh dear! She's just like her mother, doesn't take anyone's word for anything, has to figure it out herself.
Isn't she cute in that mask? Sophie's so passionate.
Tessa has always been jealous of Sophie going to school, it's not as hard now but I heard about a dance class in the neighborhood that was reasonably priced and during preschool once a week, perfect! I love Tessa in her dance clothes, I could just eat her up! What an adorable little girl. When people tell me she looks like me, I take that as the highest compliment.
Ready for her 1st day of class!
Next week is her last class, we'll probably miss the recital because we've got a family reunion. Today I stayed to watch because we were in charge of the tea party snack. Check out this adorable little class, they're so stinkin' cute.
First position (right Ann?)
Every week they get to dress up and have a tea party at the end of class! Yep, Tessa is in heaven. We brought her favorite, pink cake balls, they were a big hit.
Jacob is mobile! At 9 months old he started army crawling around the house last week. Check out his chapped elbows and knees.
Found him under the table yesterday eating crumbs, so much cuter than a puppy!
With his new skills, there's a learning curve. He woke up with a black eye over the weekend, it's not too easy to see in the pictures, but it's the eye on the right. Don't know how it happened, I can only imagine what he might of pulled on himself or pulled up and fell off of. I really need to work on baby-proofing our house!
He's a jolly little guy and I am loving every minute of being with my little baby boy, kissing him thousands of time a day as any mom should.
There's oh so much more! But duty calls, having 3 kids is kicking my trash!! Thanks for reading!









6 comments:
YEAH! love your cute family. So fun to see all the great pics!
Your kids are getting so grown up! I am amazed that Jacob has gotten so very blonde since I saw him 4 weeks ago! You can blog anything you want to in any order you want to! I love it!!
Super Friend Sophie looks awesome! That's such a great idea! And Tessa could not get any more cute in her dance outfit!! Make Jacob stop getting so big! We won't recognize him at the family reunion!
Cute cute kiddos! So glad Sophie isn't beating up boys anymore. :) Yes Tessa that is a fabulous First position! Good job Jacob for being a human vacum! Miss you guys, can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!
your kids are so cute!
Wait...when did Jacob become blonde?!? Super cute pics of all three of your kids! Thanks for taking the time to blog so we can enjoy your cute family!
Post a Comment