Friday, May 18, 2012

living room - take 2

After some good ideas, from y'all.  (Especially Summer, thanks!)  I came up with some options for our family room I like better than my original idea.  Summer pointed out that with the mantel and the TV are both focal points of the room and any room should only have 1 focal point.  So she suggested I mount the TV above of the mantel so the 2 focal points don't have to compete.  I wasted some more time in photoshop (when I should have been cleaning my house) this afternoon.


So I moved the TV and put open shelving (that I was lazy about how cutting out the background of the picture I stole it from), put chairs on either side of the fireplace and put a couch on the back wall.  Here's a picture of the mantel straight on, it's a little less messy.


Summer even made me a bird's eye-view!


I think it's a great option for us.  The shelving picture I used they have a laptop on the bottom shelf, that would be handy to have it serve as a work area.

 












You like?  I do.  Now I need to get to work making it happen.  I'll post pictures when it's done... someday. :)

5 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Very nice! Summer is talented! I can't wait to see the finished project!

Kristen said...

she's a genius!

Megan said...

Looks like you'll figure it out. Looks good. I wouldn't have a clue what to do. That is a large room. Congrats on buying a house, how exciting.

Nate and Kim said...

I love your ideas of how to decorate your living room. It looks like you have some nice tall vaulted ceilings which are awesome! I'm excited to see what you decide to do with it.

MB said...

Hey Jessica! Hope all is well over there in your new home-- you guys are missed in the ward. BTW, this looks like a great solution for your living room- you'll do a great job :) Post pictures as your working on it :)