Sophie had a bad day at school today. She wanted a little boy named Daveed to be her prince and dance with her, he wouldn’t so she punched him in the face, technically under his chin with a train car in-hand. Yikes! Don’t mess with Sophie. She was heartbroken, a total blubbering mess when I picked her up, she cried the whole way home and when asked about it later by her father. It’s a tough lesson to learn, rejection hurts. Poor girl, broke my heart to see her so sad like that. Obviously, we talked about better ways to react. She gets to be angry, but she cannot hit.
The pictures are from December after she went to a rock star birthday party. Such a sassy girl!
Oh I am SO intimidated by the prospect of raising teenage girls! It’s coming… heaven help me.









6 comments:
Whoa! those pictures make it look like she's almost a teenager already, but don't worry, it comes slower than that and thankfully she'll go through a few years of thinking that guys are yucky! Anyway, I hope so for your sake. Tell her that the reluctant prince missed out on a great dance partner!
Oh goodness, I'm glad she can defend herself. :) That kind of reminds me of Matt and myself. Both of us had temper problems. I'm glad you were able to talk it out. That reminds me of "You are on the naughty list!" Love her!
Oh, that story made me laugh. Gotta love the dramatic ones.
I appreciated your comments on potty training...I've told myself several times that this must be a tender mercy (for it to have been such an easy transition for him) because we are struggling with other issues - namely hitting, kicking, pushing. It made me feel a little better that at age five, Sophie is still working on controling impulses and anger. This has been a hard concept to teach my little guy. Tyler reminds me often that his personality traits (stubborness, independence, etc.) are actually great characteristics when he learns how to use them properly. We're in the learning phase that has me pulling out my hair some days :)
I love that story! That's why Tyler liked her so much because she had so much spunk. What a funny story.
Poor girl, but she sure is cute. IT's funny what is a big deal to them. I am terrified of teenages all together but girls especially. I hope to just keep getting boys. I like her pink hair.
Post a Comment