Height 22 inches (50%)
Weight 9 lbs 9 oz (50%)
Head 39 cm (75%)
Jacob has been growing so fast! He is a big boy. At his 2 week appointment he was 20.5 inches long and 8 pounds, so he gained 1.5 pounds and grew 1.5 inches in 2 weeks! That’s substantial for someone of his size. He’s doing great, healthy in everyway. At 1 month old he sleeps from 9pm to 4am most nights and occasionally all the way until 5am. Not too shabby! Strange thing about Jacob is that he doesn’t “blow out” of his diaper. Only ever happened once and it was a very minor blow out, just a bit up the back. It was a regular and much more messy thing with his sisters. What a tidy little guy! He loves to be swaddled and still goes to sleep on his own if I lay him down awake after a good meal. We love this boy!
In other news, Sophie started preschool!! (the same day that Jacob turned 1 month old in fact) She was so excited her first day and had NO separation issues. She ran away from Jacob Tessa and I as soon as we were in sight of the playground. The rest of us had separation issues though! Tessa cried really hard wearing her little backpack, she kept saying “I miss my sister!” And asked me many times if she could go to school too. I thought she’d be excited to get some more mom time and attention. But I guess I should have expected her to be upset, after all Sophie and Tessa spend ALL of their time together with the exception of when they attend different Sunday classes at church for 2 hours. I cried a little bit as we walked to the car, but not too much. I had to be strong for Tessa. :)
The 2nd picture is her standing by a couple paintings she did her 1st day of school during choice time. I think she does one most everyday, she’s pretty artsy. I can’t believe how grown up she’s getting! It’s so good for her to go though, she’s getting too smart for me and needs more stimulation. Being in a class with other students is an important skill for her to master, she loves school. And her teacher is AWESOME, we really like Ms. Terri. The first day when I came to pick her up I squatted down to give her a hug and she ran up and knocked me over! I she just kept on hugging me until I asked her to get off so I could get up. Glad she hasn’t grown up too much yet, she still loves her mom. It’s good to be loved.









1 comment:
Jacob is very handsome and tidy! Sophie looks so grown up with a backpack on!!
Post a Comment