First of all; I REALLY need to get some cord hiders for those ghastly black cords coming down from the TV! How embarrassing. Secondly; before everyone comments and tells me I’m NOT as big as a house, I admit it could be worse, and yes I know it’s worth the sacrifice to expand our family. I actually feel a little better about my size after I seeing these pictures, I feel bigger than I look I guess. But I am definitely bigger than I was with the girls at this point. I’ve already gained 20 pounds! Pretty sure I only gained 25 total with the girls and I wasn’t exercising near as much or as hard as I have been this time. I don’t know about this boy… he’s trouble already! :) Oh well, as I said before, it’s totally worth it, children are such a blessing!
I was feeling kind of goofy Sunday afternoon by myself taking these photos in the mirror, so lucky you there’s more…
Besides feeling big as a house waddling around town I don’t have many complaints, well not for you guys anyway! Dan hears plenty. :) Isn’t it funny how we can be the worst behaved for those we love most? I complain more for Dan, I nag him, it’s not fair at all! Hopefully I tell him I love him enough to make up for it.
For the record (I know I will want to remember this later) I am still running but I have scaled back, instead of running two 5’s and one 10 mile run a week, I’ve switched to kilometers, doing two 5K’s and one 10K run a week (5K=3.1M, 10K=6.2M). It takes a lot more effort to run fast so I’m doing good if I keep it under a 10 min/mile pace. I feel so good when I get out and run, I’ve scaled back the distance because the longer I run the more sore my pelvis is the next day. The doctor said it’s not hurting anything though, just the weight of my belly putting pressure on my pelvis. But to me it’s worth it, running makes me so happy. Since I’m not running as much; I’ve started doing work out videos on my days off of running. I like Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred a lot, mostly because it’s only 20 min and I still feel like I’ve worked out. Funny thing is that Sophie and Tessa love to watch me do it! They won’t let me get away without doing my “exercise movie” in the morning, they will keep asking me until I do it, so that’s nice. Sometimes they even join in! Usually they just tell me to lift my arms higher or use the heavier weights, the funny little girls are my personal trainers.
Hard to believe that we’ve only got about 2 1/2 months left until this baby will be born! I’ve enjoyed buying some boy things for a change, although I’m not sure what my boy style is yet… I’ve never bought boy clothes before! I know what I like when I see other boys wearing it but putting it together from scratch in the store is totally different. I am nervous for this delivery because I want to go without the epidural if I can this time. I practically did it without with Tessa (I got to 9 cm w/o drugs, but not because I wanted to!) and my labors are so fast I really have no excuse (4hrs w/Soph and 2.5hrs w/Tess). Plus now that we have to pay a lot of the cost… (no more Medicaid) I am more motivated. Sad but true. So if any of you have advice or can recommend a good book on the subject of natural child birth I would love to hear! Because I am a wuss and will surely cave if I’m not prepared.









14 comments:
As big as a house, my foot! But you do look super cute! I'm measuring right on, but according to the ultrasound he's already at 7lbs! Yikes! Here's to our big boys! :)
Fun pictures
You look great! Though I think Jenny's got quite a bit over you for size right now. Can't wait to see you guys!
Whatever! You look fantastic. Cute dress!
Wow, I'm impressed you're interested in delivery without an epidural....but with such short labors, I can see your point. I was in labor with Ryker for 21 hours, pushing hard for 3.....I think I may have given up completely without an epidural :)
Enjoy shopping in "blue"....you'll find your stride soon enough! Boys clothes aren't nearly as fun as girls, but I still love dressing him in a new outfit. I do have frustrations finding a variety of boy shoes! There are fifty styles for girls, and two in boys! Uh, oh....I'll get off my soapbox :)
You are so darling!! Good luck without the epidural. It hurts bad. Hopefully your preparation will make the difference that I didn't have with my most recent experience!
That's really amazing how much you've kept up with your running! I'd heard from a family friend that taking hypnobirthing classes were the most effective thing when she did a no-epidural birth. Hope that helps!
You look great. And yes shopping for boys is so HARD. I am extremely picky when it comes to what my boys wear. It seems wherever you go everything comes with a some kind of animal or sports something or other on it (NOT my favorite). It is rare to find cute boy things without shopping exclusivly at GAP, Children's Place, Old Navy and such...
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. From very recent happinings I can tell you it is ALL worth it and so much more! Oh and I have a friend who is obsessed with hypnobirthing she says it is ENJOYABLE to give birth!
We had to take a class to do natural child birth back in the day, Mostly they taught us how to relax and breath. Of course I never needed to use it! Just don't get mad at yourself if you decide you need the epidural. Every delivery is different and you never know how it will feel until you're there! BTW you look very cute. I wish we could get another back to back of you and Jen!
I also recommend the hypnobirthing book. I just read it this pregnancy and having given two natural births before, I just want to tell you that being prepared helps A LOT! Also, I know this sounds crazy, but by the next day I can't even remember the pain and recovery is easier I hear. Anyway, since you are already motivated just think that it is only a short amount of time and it is like running. If you train for the race, you feel prepared, everything may not go as planned, but really your mind can help you push through things that you wouldn't be able to do. I also recommend counter pressure during labor...it relieves almost all pain for me, though Dan has to be a little more hands on...I should just send you an e-mail, but you can probably get the hypnobirthing book at the library, it is full of great stuff...some weird stuff too, but a lot of great stuff.
I think you look so cute. It's always cuter when it's not you. Good job for still running, I love it too. Way to go not wanting an epidural, I'll be interested to see how it goes. Fun Easter festivities.
Ina May's guide to childbirth. It was such a good read! I devoured it twice my last two pregnancies and it really gave me the will to go natural. Jess, you are one stellar momma--if you can still run, you can deliver a baby in the jungle!
Seriously, Jess, you are always beautiful!!! can't wait to see him! Have you picked out a name? Good luck on going w/out an epidural!
I love Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred too! I've been trying my best to do it faithfully everyday! Great workout, but not too long! :)
Post a Comment