Sophie turned 4 back on the 19th of February. We had a little family party that day since Dan’s family was in town, Soph got spoiled with gifts and having so many people around for her big day. I am going to mention 4 things we love about our 4 year old as I post all of these pictures. I think you’ll be able to tell what’s going on without my commentary. :)
1) Sophie is VERY imaginative, she is almost always pretending to be something or someone else and she takes her acting very seriously. She likes to close her eyes and tell you what she is, with her eyes closed she describes her transformation (such as hair color, tail, etc.) and when she opens her eyes, she IS that animal or character. Some of her favorites lately are: Jessie (Toy Story), Dash (Incredibles), Rapunzel (Tangled), Max the horse (Rapunzel), Max the puppy (the neighbor’s dog), and a dinosaur.
2) Sophie is very affectionate, a few times a day she will say, “Mom I really love you!” And give me a hug, she also says this to Dan and Tessa pretty much every day.
2) Sophie is very smart, she is learning to read and can sound out pretty much any 3 letter word! She has also learned to write her name on her own but has a hard time getting the ‘S’ and the lower case ‘e’ to face the right direction. She can count to 20.
3) Sophie loves movies and TV and would watch them all day if permitted. She can get into pretty much anything that’s on the TV. Just the other day I was watching “What NOT to Wear,” and Sophie picked up on a lot. She went and got my red heels on and told us they look good on her then went and pretended that “the boy” (a hairstylist on the show) was cutting her hair and then “the girl” (a makeup artist on the show) was doing her makeup and then turned around and said, “I love it! I look so pretty!” I let her play with my blush while I was getting ready and she put some on her eyelids so she could have “spicy eyes.” Sophie also loves to dance, wrestle (which she’s very good at), play hide-and-seek, and be scared. She is not what you would call shy or delicate.
4) Your favorite food is chicken nuggets. One day in primary sharing time they asked the children what things God made that make them happy, Sophie yelled, “CHICKEN NUGGETS!!” We try to make them a “special treat,” as the pediatrician said but Sophie asks for them starting at 6am every morning when she wakes up and comes in our room. Gag! Sophie also likes pizza, fries, mint chocolate chip ice cream, corn, chips, yogurt, apples, honey, quesadillas, and grilled cheese sandwiches.
For my records: height – 39 3/4 in (50%), weight – 39 lb (75%), vision – 20/25 both eyes
We love our big girl dearly and are so proud of her accomplishments and the wonderful little lady she’s becoming who is a good example to her little sister and soon a brother too! Happy birthday Sophie!!









4 comments:
She is such a darling girl. I wish we lived in the same state so we could get her together with my daughter Madi. They have so many of the same interests, I think they'd have fun together.
By the way, I went to your friend Tifani's blog again to see if she posted new vegetarian recipes and saw that her husband just got matched to Rochester, NY! We currently live in Rochester and have loved it here. If you want, you can ask her if she'd like my email. I can hook her up with all sorts of housing and community info. I have friends here in dental residencies that could give them info as well. Just a thought.
Great post about a wonderful girl! I love her! She also sings very well! I got a firsthand dose of that this morning!
Yeah for birthdays! Especially ones for super cute girls! I can't believe how big she's gotten! I'll hardly recognize those cute kids by the time the reunion rolls around!!
Happy birthday sophie!! such a pretty girl and getting so big!
Post a Comment