Monday, December 6, 2010

oh yeah, thanksgiving

Please excuse my tardiness in posting about Thanksgiving.  This is such a busy season!  I feel like every minute of everyday is just PACKED with things to do.  I love it!

I talked to my mom the day before Thanksgiving and since we had originally planned to drive home for Thanksgiving (Dan couldn’t get work off the day after) she was feeling a little sad and said, “You had better take lots of pictures tomorrow!”

So Mom, happy Thanksgiving!  Here is our well documented Thanksgiving day, just for you (and anyone else who wants to see):

{I am pleased with how cute my little place marker turkey’s turned out. Between them and our new table cloth, our dinner setting felt special} {I love home-made stuffing, so much better than the boxed stuff.  I sort of botched the recipe this year but it was still pretty good.}

thanksgiving - jess little turkey thanksgiving - the stuffing

I also made, turkey breast (& gravy), rolls, mashed potatoes, and my first apple pie.  I love food, so I may be bias, but I think it was all so good!

thanksgiving - the turkey breast thanksgiving - my rolls

As if that wasn’t enough food, Cami made pumpkin pie, honey glazed ham, yams, and corn!  It was really nice to have family to share the holiday with.

thanksgiving - apple pie 2  thanksgiving - the food

Ok, moving on from the food… well, not really, how about pictures of us eating the food?

{Sophie eating the marshmallows (aka- “marsh-E-ellows”) off the top of her yams} {Tessa inhaling her favorite food, mashed potatoes.  She ate like 3 adult sized portions of potatoes.}

thanksgiving - soph eating yamsthanksgiving - tess eating potatoes

{Sophie, licking the butter out of her roll.  Only the best for her!}  {Cute Lily, getting lost on our slippery high chair.}

thanksgiving - soph licking butter out of roll thanksgiving - lily highchair

After dinner the guys napped.  They were really tired since they had just pulled an all-nighter the night before playing video games.

thanksgiving - matt napping thanksgiving - dan napping

The girls watched the Grinch movie.  And ate pie.  Can you tell how into it Sophie was?  Wow.

thanksgiving - soph mesmorized by movie thanksgiving - jess and tess eating pie

The girls went to town with the left-over marshmallows.  To say they like sweets is a gross understatement.

thanksgiving - marshmellows thanksgiving - tess eating marshmellows

The girls were being kind of funny.  Check out Sophie’s sweet get-up!  Notice her mushroomed hair on the top.  She’s so funny.

thanksgiving - soph funny outift 3thanksgiving - soph funny outfit 3thanksgiving - soph funny outfit 2

We told Tessa that she wouldn’t like Daddy’s sprite, because it’s too bubbly.  BOY were we WRONG! (Also, for the record.  I did wait until AFTER Thanksgiving dinner to put up the tree you see in the background there.)

 thanksgiving - tess drinking sprite 2thanksgiving - tess fish face 2

Sorry no family photo to tie this all up with a bow… but here’s another cute picture of Tess playing with her lips:

thanksgiving - tess fish face 3 Since this is my thanksgiving post, I would like to say how thankful I am for all the many blessing I enjoy in my life.  They are so very very many, but here are the 4 things that come to mind first:

  • my family, who bring me the most joy
  • knowledge of the true gospel of Jesus Christ restored to the Earth
  • health, that lets me exercise and enjoy so many things
  • employment, Dan and I are lucky enough to both have jobs which is, unfortunately, not as common as you think these days

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving and are enjoying the holiday season!

10 comments:

Ambs said...

Tessa is so stinking cute!!! I just wanna squeeze her! too bad she wouldn't even know me :(

jaredelizabeth said...

that last picture of Tessa and her lips is so cute.

Leslie & Matt said...

Man we miss you guys! It looks like everything was great, but I didn't expect anything less than that! You are so talented and seem to be a pro at anything you try!

Kolbi Young said...

It looks like you did a fabulous job on the food! I think that Turkey breast is the way to go....My mom made a big turkey and with just the six of us, had TONS of leftovers. I'll have to make that recommendation for next year :)

Kristen said...

your family is so cute! your girls are just adorable!! the food looks delicious!

mommaquincy said...

Nice job on the dinner! Love the lips and the great dressing skills! Thanks for all the pictures!

Nicole said...

How nice to finally have family around to share with! Love Sophie dressing, and the Tessa face!

ellisgomez said...

So cute - great pictures! You must be an amazing cook! I remember the first pumpkin pie I made from scratch.... finally into the oven, and went to check it and it slipped out onto the floor - a big mess everywhere! The kids and I sat down on the floor and took bites of it. Can't say that I've tried pumpkin pie ever again :)

Erika Ellis said...

Thanks a lot, now I'm hungry! Looks like it was an amazing dinner!

Cami said...

Thanks for such a wonderful day. It is truly a blessing to have family to share the holidays with. You guys are the best.