Friday, May 28, 2010

(lots of pictures from) GRADUATION

It’s probably a sin how much pride I have for my husband this week.  Good job honey!

dan's graduation - family pic kissing 

dan's graduation - dan pointing to strumdan's graduation - dan looking to the future

He was pretty easy to spot it the line-up since he’s SO TALL.  Check out this poor short guy that had to stand by Dan, I doubt he was more than 5 feet tall.

dan's graduation - dan so TALL 2 dan's graduation - dan so TALL dan's graduation - dan receiving his degreedan's graduation - dan getting hooded

Meanwhile… up in the stands:

 dan's graduation - sophie patiently waiting for dad dan's graduation - sophie watching for dad 

dan's graduation - gma nedra sleeping dan's graduation - gpa q and tess dan's graduation - tess spit bubbles dan's graduation - tess grumpy face

dan's graduation - tess smiling at gpa q 2 dan's graduation - kim and soph

dan's graduation - sophi silly face dan's graduation - tessa silly face 

Sophie’s favorite parts of graduation (after Grandma, Jake, and the treats) were this guy’s green hair in front of us and the service dog that was among the graduates.

dan's graduation - the dog dan's graduation - guy with green hair

My favorite part of the ceremony was when they announced “Daniel Chapman!”  Since they asked us to hold our applause until the end the stadium was mostly silent.  And Sophie knew she should be excited for daddy but didn’t know why.  So when they announced “Daniel Chapman”  Sophie screamed, “Yea, Daddy got his CHAPMAN, Daddy got his CHAPMAN, yeah Daddy!!!” We tried to explain that Chapman was his and her last name.  But every time she sees his tassel hanging off our rear view mirror she says, “Look mommy it’s daddy’s Chapman!”  So cute, I love this funny girl.

dan's graduation - sophie smile

My cute girls with their dolls in matching dresses stopped traffic.  Thanks Grandma!  There was a reception after graduation but it was hot, windy and (as evident in the picture below) the kiddos were ready for naps.  So after a few pictures we went home.  I can’t thank all of my kid holders (Mom, Dad, Tom, Nedra, Jake, and Kim) enough.  I didn’t do much kid holding during the ceremony, they had me covered.  I feel so fortunate to have all that support!  Also, thanks to Kim for letting me borrow her camera for the day, I went a little picture crazy since I’ve been camera deprived.

dan's graduation - girls on the stairs dan's graduation - family dan's graduation - with the lawrences dan's graduation - soph in daddy's dress dan's graduation - dan and tom dan's graduation - family pic

In the program it said that these hats were specially designed for DU’s law school and the graduates are entitled to wear the cap.  (I know you’re jealous.)  It also said, “When Roman law freed slaves they won the privilege of wearing a cap.  The academic cap is a sign of freedom of scholarship as well as responsibility and dignity.”  We are feeling pretty free, but unfortunately for law graduates they still have the bar exam hanging over their heads.  Dan started a full-time bar prep class on Monday, he’ll take the Colorado bar in July and we’ll get his results in October.  I don’t know if we’ll feel really free until October, but graduating from law school is a huge accomplishment in itself.

 dan's graduation - name in program dan's graduation - dan's not sincere smile

Coming soon… pictures from our dinner celebration and Grandpa Tom’s awesome birthday monkey hat!

15 comments:

Ann said...

Yay Daniel! So happy for you guys. Now you just have to focus on moving and the bar. Your really over the hump now! Also LOVED the girls dresses.

Kristen said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!
What a wonderful day! You look so beautiful and the girls are always gorgeous! Love you guys!

Mary-Anne said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my heck, can you even believe that it's over! I remember us talking when the boys had just started law school and 3 years seemed so long... but it's OVER! WE did it!! :) Congrats to you and your family. Such a huge and great accomplishment. Glad you had such a fun day. The pictures are great!

mommaquincy said...

Those pictures just make me want to kiss your girls faces! How can Tessa look so cute scowling?
Way to go Daniel! We knew you'd get your Chapman one day!

Nifty Nick said...

Congrats Dan! Such a handsome boy.

Mindee said...

That's so exciting!!!

Jenelle said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!!! I LOVE the girl's matching dresses- dolls included! SO CUTE!

Lindsay said...

Hooray! Congratulations Dan! I love your pictures-your girls are so cute, especially how they see the world. It makes my day.

Cami said...

Way to Go Dan! Such a wonderful accomplishment. Good luck with studying and taking the bar. Don't let Matt distract you too much now that we're living much closer :)

mammasweet said...

Great pictures, Jessica. The girls actually look more dignified than their dad in the hat!

Lisa Nielsen said...

What an accomplishment! That is so cool. Love the hat:) I didn't realize how tall Dan is!!! He is a giant compared to his class. LOL. Congratulations Dan! I love that he got his Chapman...so funny!

writings said...

YAY! I am so happy for ALL of you! Any family that does school with their husband deserves just as much praise! Great work Dan!

Manda said...

That looks like such a fun day! Love the girls' dresses. They looked adorable!

Cieslak Family said...

Congrats Dan!!! I've often wondered why I called you Chapman all these years...

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

SO FREAKIN AWESOME!! Congrats Dan, and we are SO happy you are stayin around!