I have been driving past this sign for 2 years now and I just don't understand it. Yes I understand they are advertising for a MRI down the street, but why? Maybe someone in the medical field can enlighten me. Are there elective MRI's? And would you decide to get one by seeing a road sign? Does this strike anyone else as strange?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
I think that is a little bizarre. I loved all your posts!
I do have the answer to atleast one of your questions! Niel works at a hospital and he says most MRI's are enclosed tubes and there are alot of people who have problems with severe closterphobia..(pretty sure that is not a word!) and so they have open sided MRI machines for such cases. Why you would advertise that on a big ugly sign?..ya, I dont know!
I noticed the sign when I was there and thought about how awful it was for Camilla to have to go inside of the machine for her MRI. It must be new technology. Newer than Camilla's experience 15 years ago, anyway. Maybe you are supposed to tell your doctor (after he says you need an MRI) that you want the open sided kind and where they have those available?
Yes, that sign is strange. They use open ended MRI's for people who can't handle the closed one (i.e. people who are obese or claustrophobic)
Do you mean to tell me you haven't ever just at the spur of the moment wanted to get an MRI?
Love your posts!
I have wondered the same thing many times as I drove past it. I guess I'm not the only one!
Ha ha, that's funny cuz I just noticed that sign like 2 days ago and thought it was kind of weird too. I guess it makes sense, though if you're claustrophobic.
I have to say that I figured there was a reason for having an open-sided MRI (thanks for everyone for enlightening me) but I still think it's weird that it has a big sign with an arrow like it's a drive thru. Seems to me if I need a medical procedure my doctor sends me somewhere, I don't drive the streets looking for somewhere to get it done! Funny.
Post a Comment