Sunday, July 5, 2009

a fun Friday

I will try to let the pictures do most of the talking. 

Friday night we had planned to go to a free concert in the park, like last year.  But I looked out the window and saw this:

4th of July - storm approaching

Dan made an executive decision that we would take Sophie to Chuck-e-Cheese instead.  Here's what it looked like on the way:

4th of July - rainy intersection4th of July - underpass

After all the rain and hail we went through, Chuck-e-Cheese was temporarily closed for remodeling. (Would have been nice if their website reflected that.)  So we tried California Pizza Kitchen, I LOVED it, Dan wished he were at The Pie.  We swung by the grocery store on the way home, it was a disaster.

4th of July - store damage4th of July - water in the store

When we got home it was time for Dan to get back to the grind working on his paper so I took the girls out puddle hopping.

4th of July - Soph outside4th of July - happy Sophie outside4th of July - Soph kissing the yellow4th of July - Soph splashing 

Then Sophie tried to be like Dad for a minute, cracks me up!

4th of July - Soph helping Dan work

Here she is reading in bed like Dad earlier that morning.  I found her like this when I got out of the shower, I could hear her saying, "Read the book, no no no naughty!"  So I thought I would find all of our books torn off the shelf in our room, but I found this instead. Perhaps she was chastising herself because it's a book on prayer and she's been boycotting that lately.

4th of July - Sophie reading in our bed

Look at that sweet face, you can just tell she knows she's something special.  Ok, just 2 quick stories about her I don't want to forget:

1.  She loves her "princess jamies" (pictured above) and asks to wear them ALL THE TIME, nap time and day time included.  Well, last Sunday when we got home from church she was especially tired and said, "go to sleep, a bed!"  And then ran in her room.  I was shortly behind her and found her dancing with her nightgown she had fished out of the hamper singing, "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream..."  Just like in the movie Sleeping Beauty.

2.  Sophie hasn't ever pulled out hair bows and now she is quite attached to them.  The other day at the mall play area her clip fell out of her hair.  I was sitting on the side so she turned to a complete stranger and said, "clip please, fix a hair please!"  It was too big of an emergency to come to Mom.  Such a girl!

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

So cute! She just knows that she is a princess! Of course she is with or without the hair bows!

Nicole said...

She is so funny! Makes you wish you know what was going through her mind sometimes I bet!

Ambs said...

Oh my goodness, Sophie has the most beautiful eyes!
And Tessa.... well, I would probably just squeeze her all day if I were you! haha, you probably do!

love ya!