Thursday, July 30, 2009

lucky number 7

Before I get to our vacation pictures I need to catch up a bit.

Tessa 7 months page

Tessa is now 7 months old and here are some of here skills:

  • says "da da, ba ba, ya ya," everything but mama
  • such a happy baby!  She smiles whenever she makes eye contact, with anyone and sometimes just spontaneously for no apparent reason.  (For example: right now she is fevering with a temperature of 101 and a sick stomach but she's still hammin' it up!)
  • is a skilled sitter, an avid roller, and is getting close to crawling too (up on all 4's rocking)
  • loves to eat... pretty much anything we feed her except for pureed peaches
  • can feed herself cereal puffs
  • HATES her car seat and cries most of the time we're in the car
  • sleeps through the night most nights
  • loves her sister even though she's not always nice
  • gives great hugs

Dan b day - 27

Dan b dayDan had his birthday last week.  If you ask him it was his WORST BIRTHDAY EVER!  If you know him, you know Dan tends to exaggerate... I don't think it was that bad.  Here's how it went down: We took him to the library in the morning so he could study while I went to the grocery store to buy his birthday dinner and cake.  We went out for lunch at Anthony's pizza, which was pretty good.  I wish I had brought my camera though, the pizza we got was HUGE!  They had to put it on the table next to us and it took up the whole thing.  Then we dropped him off at the library again for more studying.  Around 4:00 we picked him up and brought him home for dinner.  And at 5:30 he went to school to take his last final.  (That was the highlight.)  He came home around 8:00 when we had cake and ice cream.  Then we packed our things in the car until 11:00 so we would be ready to wake up and drive to Utah the next morning at 4 am.  Pretty blah I guess, sorry honey.  The real fun came during our vacation to Utah!

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

That little girl of your's is such a sweetie! I love the way she cocks her head and leans it into when you are holding her.
I'm sure glad you were born Dan!

Ann said...

My girls both have fevers too and runny noses. Don't know who to blame, but they did hang out a lot together last week. :) P.S. Daniel when your an adult and a parent your birthdays always suck!

Nicole said...

She really is one of the most smiley babies I've ever seen! Such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Tessa is growing up so fast! I swear it seems like you just had her not too long ago! She is so beautiful. Both of your girls are!!!
Happy birthday to Dan too.

Ambs said...

Have I told you yet that Tessa looks exactly like the 'stay puft' marshmallow man??
Well, she does! I couldn't keep it in any longer!! :)

Don't worry though, she's still incredibly cute. I hope my babies smile as much as her.

love ya lots!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

you have the cutest and smiliest baby ever! That is so awesome that she is almost crawling! Go Tessa!