Friday, April 11, 2008

the worst part about being a mom

So this afternoon I laid Sophie down for her 2nd nap around 4:15. She was really tired but as she's done the last few days she didn't go to sleep right away. She didn't cry just talked to herself so I let her be, hoping she'd eventually go to sleep. (I promise I'm going somewhere with this, keep reading.) I thought she was asleep several times for 10 minutes or more but she kept talking, since she was happy I let her be so I could continue getting things done. Well, I needed to leave at 5:30 to pick Dan up from school so we could meet with our friends; so at about 5:20 she still was making noise when I went into her room... What did I find???? I looked down in her crib and it looked like she had thrown up in it so I felt really bad and immediately reached for her to cuddle when I notice that she has it on her hands... and up her back... IT'S POOOOOOP!!!!!! I quickly change my approach from cuddling to scolding (luckily before I had picked her up). Sorry if this is too graphic but the poo was bright orange (she likes carrots) and she had it on her hands and arms, a little on her face, plus all over her crib blankets, bumpers, toys, and clothes! (I just hope she didn't eat any.) So gross. Needless to say I was late getting Dan because I had to start a load of poopy laundry and give Sophie a bath. NO I didn't take any pictures (you sicko, that's disgusting) but you can take my word for it when I say it was DISGUSTING! I kept looking at her as we were driving to get Dan expecting her to look remorseful or at least mischievous, but she just acted normal as if nothing had happened. Apparently playing with poo and rubbing it all over is no big deal to a 1 year old, but it IS to me!!

Truly and honestly I love being a mom, it's the best job in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel like being a mom had changed me in a lot of good ways bringing me closer to the person I'd like to be. But I have to say that this was no shinning mommy moment this afternoon.

9 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I hear that if you kid isn't worried about poop being gros and disgusting that they are easier to potty train. I'm glad that you have lots of good moments to offset that bad ones. Just wait until you're a Grandma! Nothing but good!

Mary-Anne said...

Oh, dear. That is pretty darn gross. Yeah...that is one of the things I'm NOT looking forward to. :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say that it is SO normal. I went through it first with Deklan and I thought the same thing you did... WHAT??? I was mad at him for doing it. Then with Dallin I was more mad at myself. I put him down for a nap in just his diaper and came in and he had the diaper off and the poo everywhere. All I could think was, I didn't learn my lesson with Deklan??? So normal, but so not fun!!!!

The Allens said...

So GROSS!!! I'm sorry you had to clean that up...not fun! But I had to laugh that Sophie had so much fun with it. :) There are definitely some gross things about being a mom. Luckily they are usually few and far between.

cami said...

EEWWW! That is so gross. That is not something I'm looking forward to. And I'm glad you didn't pull your camera out for this momentous occasion:) Just reading it was bad enough.

Min and Mary said...

I LOVE SOPHIE. At least she's not constipated like Charlotte. We cheer for messy poopy diapers at our house:) Keep up the good work Sophie!

The Hulls said...

That is gross, my sisters twin boys used to play in there poop all the time. Definately not the best part of motherhood!

Nichole said...

Oh my goodness that is so funny...until it happens to me of course. Makes for a good story though! I pray that Ava keeps her poop in her diaper!

jaredelizabeth said...

UGGGGG!!!!! That is so disgusting!!! You poor thing!