Monday, April 7, 2008

church ball

Here's some pictures I took at Dan's first Elder's Quorum basketball game. They've been practicing once a week for awhile and I know Dan has really been looking forward to start competing. Unfortunately the game wasn't much of a "competition" our ward won the game 86-24! The most exciting part of the game was when Danny, a new member to our ward, scored... he is such a funny guy. He kept saying, "that's how it's done!" After he got his 2 points, let's just say that it didn't look like he's played on many basketball teams before so it was a big accomplishment when he scored, and it made it so much better because he was so excited about it. Sophie loved watching the game and enjoyed playing with the balls on the stage. I also included a picture of Sophie with Jake (her boyfriend) she LOVES him. Sophie reaches and cries for Jake whenever he's around and is happy just to sit in his lap.

Here's a picture of Sophie I wanted to include from this weekend. She is enjoying spaghetti and meatballs, she was such a huge MESS!! If you look closely you will see there was a meatball wedged in her right nostril...

7 comments:

Ann said...

Oh my gross! Good thinking stripping her down before giving her the food. Oh ya and good job Daniel!

mommaquincy said...

That meatball in the nose really had me belly laughing. I also got a real kick out of Sophie holding the ball that's as big as she is. Dan, remember not to sacrifice your body for a play! Josh hasn't figured that out yet, but I'm sure that you are smart enough to know better, right?

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh. You better be careful with that girl if she's developing crushes already. Sounds like trouble to me! j/k ;)
That picture of Sophie eating her spaghetti is hilarious. I love it.

cami said...

Could she be loving that spaghetti anymore?!? Way to go Dan! Hopefully your next game will be a little more evenly matched. We wouldn't want you getting a big head:)

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Jessica-
I am so glad you found me! Yeah! Your little Sophie is So cute!!! Good luck with everything. Keep in touch!

Jessica said...

Jessica... I admit, I have been blog stalking. Your little girl is too cute! I am so impressed with your blog!!!!! Where did you get the layout? How did you get the collages of pics on your blog? I would love to be able to do something different with our blog. Your family is adorable!
~Jessica (Stokes) Brunson

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I havent commented in awhile and I was jut looking back at the posts for fun and man it sure made me laugh to see the meat ball wedged in sophies nose. =D I love it! It's going to be my highlight of this week. Well love you Jess I only wish I had an exciting as topic as Sophie to post on my blog!