Sunday, September 16, 2007

Stake Fair

So we went to the stake fair yesterday and it was way fun! We were suprised how big of a deal it was, they had a blow up obstacle course (or the gauntlet as Dan called it), dunking booth, cake walk, cookie decorating (yes, Dan decorated that cookie all by himself!), football toss, basketball, etc. As well as all sorts of food fit for a fair like hot dogs, pop corn, cotton candy, snow cones, pie and chilli. There was a DJ/MC type guy that you could hear from the park next door where we parked. We had it in our church parking lot and it was PACKED! In ward council meeting this morning the bishop said that they estimate about 1,000 people came. We thought we'd just swing by but ended up staying for awhile.

This is Sophie just in love with her Dad at the fair. She can't take her eyes off him, it's the cutest thing. He doesn't need to be talking to her or even looking at her, she just stares, smiles and talks to him anyway. I can be talking to her, singing, dancing, whatever but if Dad's around... she only has eyes for him! That's true as long as she's happy, she wants me if she's tired, hungry, hurt or scared; but Dad's the fun guy, I am more of a nurse/chef/soother. I'm okay with that, I understand because I'm in love with her Dad too.

4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I love the adoring look on Sophie's face. She's getting prettier all the time!

cami said...

that is the sweetest picture of sophie! She is so photogenic.

Unknown said...

Dan just has this adoring look on his face he get's better all the time it's just the sweetest picture, he is so photogenic! oh sophie is cute too! actually i do really love the large smilling cheek muscles even though it's all probablly fat she just looks like she has smiled before and you better believe by the size of those cheeks she'll smile again

Jonathan? said...

Cute! I love it so awesome I wish sophie was still at home so I could look at the cute little snug smile in real life... And dan that was a little gross that you had frosting on you front teeth....