Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy birthday to me!

I was in Utah for my birthday.  My sister Jenny was still there from the reunion too, our husbands had gone back to work, but the party continued for us!  It was a holiday weekend, so no school to hurry back to. 

My mom treated us to lunch at the Cheesecake factory, it was so yummy!!  I had salmon rolls and white chocolate raspberry cheesecake… mmmmmm.

9.6.12 - birthday cheesecake 9.6.12 - cheesecake factory brithday lunch9.6.12 - tess eat restaurant 9.6.12 - jess birthday cake

9.6.12 - salmon rolls

We also visited the Salt Lake temple and the new riverwalk mall downtown.  Such a pretty mall!  And they have an H&M which is one of my favorite stores, I first fell in love with it in Austria, then I happened upon one in San Francisco, now they have one in Denver and SLC, I love it!! 

9.6.12 - jon mom jen jess water fountain 9.6.12 - soph jon walk slc9.6.12 - jane dean tess soph jacob waterfall 9.6.12 - soph riverwalk9.6.12 - soph tess temple steps 9.6.12 - soph tess touch temple 29.6.12 - tess riverwalk 9.6.12 - soph tess sit

9.6.12 - jacob laugh 9.6.12 - tess soph waterfall

We also took the kids to the Disney store, until the fire alarm went off… I think it was a false alarm, we just went to the other side of the mall and it was fine.  For my poor deprived kids, the Disney store is as close to Disneyland as they get.  They enjoyed trying on a few things.

 9.6.12 - disney jacob try on buzz helmet 9.6.12 - disney soph try hat 9.6.12 - disney tess try on dress 9.6.12 - disney tess dean magic mirror 9.6.12 - disney tess try on shoes 9.6.12 - raspberry 

I got to pick fresh raspberries to go with my dinner from my mom’s bush, what a treat!  Sophie loves to go play in “the hay” where my dad puts the grass clippings, she just rolls in it and throws in in the air just like Scrooge McDuck in his money.  She really cracks me up sometimes!

9.6.12 - soph play in the hay 9.6.12 - soph tess swing 

We had a mint icecream cake the next day.  Yum yum yum!  And so easy to make, it’s just ice cream sandwiches layered with fudge and cool whip.

9.7.12 - ice cream cake 9.7.12 - jess cake

I have tons of pictures of cute little Dean, he was so smiley and hyper!  He’s sure a cute kid.

9.7.12 - dean smile 2 9.7.12 - dean smile 17

Seriously, such a fun birthday!  I love going out, being with my family and shopping, especially when it’s birthday money, that I didn’t have to budget out. :)  I felt totally spoiled.  Dan even left me a birthday present in the glove box, new earrings!  So thoughtful of him.

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

That was a fun day! It had been a long time since I'd had you in town for your birthday!

Kristen said...

happy late birthday!

that mall is so gorgeous! it has the prettiest views and architecture

Tracy Giles said...

Happy Birthday!!